Best Overnight Diapers

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by amelowe9, Feb 19, 2009.

1. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

Right now we're using Pampers Cruisers, day and night....love them, but lately we've been having some overnight accidents. I know this is inevitable at times but I was wondering if anyone has found something they use at night that prevents leaks and that they are happy with?

2. KKing

KKing Well-Known Member

My DS has accidents at night too. With him I think the diaper gets overfilled and leaks through. I use Huggies Gentle Care and never have a problem during the day and love them. At night I put the next size up on him and it has seemed to work. But Im curious to see if anyone has found a better diaper for nights....specifically for boys.

3. Fletchie

Fletchie Well-Known Member

I haven't had this problem with the twins yet, but with DD1, I used to buy diaper doublers. They are like pads you lay inside the diapers you normally buy. With twins, I don't want to have two more kinds of diapers to wrestle with, so I will be getting these again.

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Fletchie @ Feb 19 2009, 05:29 PM) [snapback]1196482[/snapback]
    I haven't had this problem with the twins yet, but with DD1, I used to buy diaper doublers. They are like pads you lay inside the diapers you normally buy. With twins, I don't want to have two more kinds of diapers to wrestle with, so I will be getting these again.

They no longer make diaper doubles :( Or I cant find them anymore. One or the other.

Either go up a size at night and that should work and if not I love Huggies Overnights. We had the same issue and going up a size at night worked for a bit and then off to the Huggies we went.

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Huggies overnights! Love them!!!

ETA: we use pamper cruisers during the day.

6. KKing

KKing Well-Known Member

The Huggies overnights......what weight are they for? Do they have different sizes?

7. DATJMom

QUOTE(BlessedByTwo @ Feb 19 2009, 06:11 PM) [snapback]1196546[/snapback]
    The Huggies overnights......what weight are they for? Do they have different sizes?

The most popular sizes are 4 and 5's. But I do think they sell 3's they are just hard to find. FWIW, we were in overnights size 4 before we were out of the first year. Diaper weights on the sides seem to run small IMO.

8. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

HUGGIES OVERNITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE EM LOVE EM LOVE EM! Couldn't sleep all nite w/o them! They have different sizes! Love them!

9. KKing

KKing Well-Known Member

I put my DS in 3's at night. Is there a comperable overnight size to that? I don't want to buy a bag and they are to big.

10. DATJMom

QUOTE(BlessedByTwo @ Feb 19 2009, 06:15 PM) [snapback]1196550[/snapback]
    I put my DS in 3's at night. Is there a comperable overnight size to that? I don't want to buy a bag and they are to big.

If you can find the 3's get those. If not, get the 4's and if they are too big, they will always grow into them at some point so you wont waste them.

11. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much everyone! I'm off to Target today to buy them!

12. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

We use a thick, cushy generric. GL on finding a choice which works for you!

13. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

If you have BJs around they sell Pampers ultra-absorbency... I think I've got maybe 2 leaks in the 6 months we've been using them. They are awesome.

14. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I used Huggies Overnites for all 3 of mine and they worked great! :good:

15. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have found the CVS Playskool diapers seems to work best for us overnight. For DS we also added diaper doublers.
    We did find a website where we can older another brand of diaper doublers and they have worked great for us too:
    http://www.healthpursuit.com/diaper_doublers.html

Good luck!

16. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Another vote for the Huggies Overnites. :good: :good: