Best overnight diapers?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Grandma2TwinBoys, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Grandma2TwinBoys

Grandma2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

My grandsons are finally starting to sleep through the night (8 pm-7 am) most nights, but along with that great news comes the inevitable soaked diaper/pajamas/sheets issue! My DD is using size 2 Pampers Swaddlers, which fit Preston but is still a tad on the big size for Layton, but Layton's usually the wetter of the two! Any suggestions? Should she try an overnight diaper, and if so which brand would you recommend?

When my son was a baby, there was a product called "Diaper Doublers", a "maxi-pad" type of insert for nighttime, which worked like a charm. Are there any products like that available these days?

Thanks for your help, experienced mommies!

2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

They do still sell the diaper doublers, although I forget the exact name. The same thing happened to us and through this board I found two great recommendations. Either go up in size or use Huggies Overnights. When they were in size 2 Swaddlers, I went up to a size 3 at night and that worked for a while. When they started wearing the size 3 during the day, I went to Huggies Overnights in size 3 and we haven't had an accident since! HTH!!

3. SJV

SJV Well-Known Member

Huggies overnites that are one size bigger than what they normally wear have worked great for us! Congratulations on sleeping all night!!!!

4. ~rosie~

~rosie~ Well-Known Member

I use Pampers Baby Dry one size bigger at night. Works great for me. He wet through Huggies one size bigger two nights in a row when I tried to switch, so Pampers all the way for me.

5. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

I just use generic diapers during the day but at night I went to Huggies and they work like a charm for us. It all depends on your babies and the fit - Pampers don't work that great for us and the generic would leak through every night.

Congrats on sleeping through! Wow! Mine stil aren't, they wake once to eat.

6. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I never had any issues with Pampers, even with 13 hours of sleep ... maybe move them up to the Cruisers size 3.

7. cabonnell

cabonnell Well-Known Member

I love the Huggies Overnights.

8. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

Huggies Overnights are expensive but sooooo worth not having to do all the bedding everyday

9. noahandjacobsmom

noahandjacobsmom Well-Known Member

Huggies Overnites have been fabulous for us.

10. first_time_mommy_2_be_twins

first_time_mommy_2_be_twins Well-Known Member

They do still sell the diaper doublers. I saw them at my local gorcery store last time I was in there but cant remember what brand they were. If I
    remember to check when I go tomorrow I will post the brand on this thread.

But... I use Luvs and have never had a leak. They sleep from 8 pm- between 7 and 8 am and never leak at all. I realize that many have issues with Luvs but I never have. I actually had the most problems with Pampers and Huggies (they always leaked and gave my babies horrendous rashes). But when hearing from others it seems like I am not the norm.

11. i4get

i4get Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat and I've tried just about every brand/type of diaper so far. Double diapers just caused the tee-tee to flow up the "maxi pad" and out of the diaper. The Huggies Overnight (even two sizes up) don't hold in Jonah's tee-tee. We just tried the Babies R Us brand diapers two sizes up, and they have worked a couple of nights. I'm still baffled with this one. Personally, I'd try the BRU supreme brand and see if that works. They worked just as good if not better than the Huggies Overnights AND they are so much cheaper.

Good luck! Shannon

12. sitkamom

sitkamom Well-Known Member

We use cloth diapers and have to add a 'doubler' at night. DD has a smaller doubler but DS needs a thicker one as he tends to soak through too. Good luck and congrats on sleeping through!! DD is doing it for us but DS loves a couple nighttime snacks :)

13. jcs

jcs Well-Known Member

We use pampers babydry at night. My girls can go 10+ hours and have never leaked out of those. We love pampers swaddlers during the day, but the babydry pampers are much better at night. They leaked out of huggies several times in various sizes. Maybe it's their body shape or the fact that they are girls. I don't like huggies at all.

14. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

Going up a size always worked for us no matter what age they were. I have used Cruisers and Baby Dry. At that age, I still liked Cruisers because they were similar in design to the Swaddlers, but....they recently changed them somehow and I didn't like them. We use Baby Dry now.

15. madison2021

madison2021 Member

hey im in the same postion they both wake up soaked and they use huggies
    it never happened before maybe i need to move up a size actually
    i only like huggies because of the stretchy tab so the diapers last longer
    i used pampers with my older son and loved them
    i might even try a differnt kind
    i dunno

16. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

QUOTE(noahandjacobsmom @ Jul 13 2007, 02:19 AM) [snapback]328832[/snapback]
    Huggies Overnites have been fabulous for us.

Same Here!