Best Overnight Diapers

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by haleystar, Oct 6, 2011.

1. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

The boys turned 2 at the end of July so we are really just starting with the big boy potty seats (ring around the regular toilet). I've gotten them to both pee on it a couple of times but when they hint that they have to pee I make sure to ask if they want to go "pee pee" as we all point and walk to the big boy potty. I'll ask "okay, you wanna go potty like a big boy on the potty chair?" and after further examination they'll say "no" or "nope" but in a totally casual way. They aren't afraid of the potty at all, it's being into a bowl of water rather than the safety of that diaper that scares them. We are working on it all the time being very very careful not to deter them away from ever wanting to try again out of fear.

So until they are in undies only I was wondering what diapers you prefer.
    They are a size 4 according to guidelines since they are 26lbs and just over 3' tall.

We've been using Huggies size 4 for the longest time and they seem to be hit and miss. For example the "Snug and Dry" brand of Huggies leaks with small amounts of urine in the diaper and if sleeping with them on for 12 hours overnight (7pm-7am) they leak right through it and need a bath, new clothes and fresh bedding. When we use the Little Movers brand of Huggies it doesn't seem as bad but still bothersome.

In the past I have used Pampers Cruisers but their size 4 seems way to small and would end up leaking through the top of the diaper because rather than the diaper closing just below or on the belly button it would close on my boys literally just above their penises which always made me feel like these Pampers size 4 despite having the same weight limits as the other brands was just to small for my boys. Do you think that I should try a size 5 Pampers Cruiser and see if that helps?

What are your favorite diapers for your 2 year older, especially for overnight.

Oh and I should mention that they do not go to bed with a juice/water/milk cup, their last cup of milk is done at 6pm-ish and we change both diapers again right before we put them down for the night which is between 7pm and 8pm.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't have terribly heavy wetters, but I :wub: Luvs. The pee smells weird in some of the other brands. Mine are also about 27-29 pounds & I thought I was crazy for moving up into size 5s with Pampers! Thanks for that bit about how the Pampers fit. :) I also use 5's with Luvs although I might try a small 4 pack to see if they can fit in it with Luvs.

3. mummy2two

mummy2two Well-Known Member

We use Huggies Overnights (Size 5). We have not had any leaking yet.

4. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

We switched into Huggies Overnights quite a while ago and have always done a size up. Unless we have the world's largest poop, I have not had a leak out of the size 5's. During the day we use Little Movers bc I always felt like they fit the slimmer build child better than the other brands. Mine are about the same size as your boys, and recently we went to size 5 in the little movers as well just for length (my kids seem to be all torso).

5. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

We always had good luck with Huggies overnight - if they were having a hard time I would sometimes add a maxi pad just in case. Also make sure there "stuff" is pointed down - with mine if it is off to the side or up they will leak right away.

6. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

We use Luv's size 4 during the day, but my next order through Amazon will be for size 5's since they are about 28 lbs and the 4's are getting a little harder to fasten. I decided a long time ago that I wasn't going to buy Pampers and Huggies for daytime use because they are just too darned expensive and don't work any better than Luvs IMO.

We've been using Huggies Overnights for about 18 months now and we LOVE them. We just moved up to size 5's about a month ago. I've never had a reoccuring problem with them leaking (and I don't even bother pointing their weewee down). Every once in a while the front of their sleeper will be slightly damp when they get up, but its not often. And whenever that does become a big problem I've got some Dappi vinyl underpants from Amazon that I will put over top of their diapers. Many of the reviewers said the vinyl in Dappi's is a lot softer than the new Gerber vinyl ones which are very rubbery (and our Dappi's do feel pretty soft).

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I liked the Pampers Extra Protection. I also put a maxi pad in there and that helped with overnight leaks, especially with my son.

8. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

We used to have the extra protection Pampers ones until they put that dry max stuff in them... then we switched to Baby Dry and the only time ever that we've got a leak in 2 years is when DD drank two glasses of water at a restaurant. Never had a leak at night. Plus they're much cheaper (especially when you go through amazon).