Best gifts for a Congratulations you are expecting

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by twinmuffin, Nov 5, 2007.

1. twinmuffin

twinmuffin Well-Known Member

I was going to send my SIL who just found out she was expecting a care package. She is pretty young and a little freaked out, so I wanted to send her something to let her know I still love her tons and will support her. I was thinking of sending some CoaCoa butter, some peppermint footlotion, a pregnancy book, and I'm not sure what else. Did anyone here receive a great pregnancy care package, or have any ideas of what I could send her?

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I did not, but that is a great idea, especially if she is a little on the fence about the pregnancy. What about some Boost drinks, maybe a cute baby picture frame. You're so thoughtful. :)

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

You are a very sweet person to do that. You could also send a pair of booties. I know that I kept a pair right by my bed until the babes were born. I like the frame idea too.

4. asahlin

asahlin Well-Known Member

diapers, diapers, diapers!!

and pack it all in a really cute, big, functional diaper bag

5. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

What a sweet thing for you to do....maybe a couple of maternity shirts or capris....I know alot of places have them on sale right now with the change of seasons....I love the booties and picture frame idea as well.

Missy

6. jeepwife

jeepwife Well-Known Member

Maybe a candle in a soothing scent, or a book for her DH on how to help ease her tension while pregnant.

7. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

How about some lotions or even a coupon for a massage locally? You had some great ideas! Tums, sudafed might be good along with some saltines in case she has morning sickness. Great idea!

8. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

you are so sweet! she'll be fine if your there with her by her side:)

lets see: i love little white wicker baskets filled with goodies:)

preggo pops-
    what to expect when your expecting-book
    sour candies
    chocolates
    baby bear -mini size
    belly cream
    warm fluffy bathrobe

anything u would think a first trimester gal would need:)

9. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I'd say some Preggie Pops if she's feeling any morning sickness. I love the idea of your care package!

10. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

I like the cocoa butter idea, but maybe no the peppermint foot stuff (the strong smell may turn her stomache).

Here are a few more ideas....

Pregnancy Record Book (or journal)
    Ultrasound photo frame (I work at BRU and we have a ton of them)
    The Baby Manual (I think that's what it's called...it's a small book that shows all the mechanics of a baby...it's funny, yet it's all true!)

11. twinmuffin

twinmuffin Well-Known Member

QUOTE(2+2more! @ Nov 5 2007, 11:23 AM) [snapback]482001[/snapback]
    you are so sweet! she'll be fine if your there with her by her side:)

If only I could be by her side. She is in South Carolina and I'm in Colorado.

QUOTE(2+2more! @ Nov 5 2007, 11:23 AM) [snapback]482001[/snapback]
    preggo pops-

Where can I find these? A couple people suggested them, and I've never seen them?

Thanks to everyone and their suggestions, I think I have some good ideas now. I'll put it all together this week, and hopefully have it sent off by Friday for her.

12. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twinmuffin @ Nov 5 2007, 04:12 PM) [snapback]482411[/snapback]
    Where can I find these? A couple people suggested them, and I've never seen them?

they have them at the Wallgreens by me AND at pea in the pod or Mimi maternity...

13. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

QUOTE(e mauro @ Nov 5 2007, 11:40 PM) [snapback]482649[/snapback]
    they have them at the Wallgreens by me AND at pea in the pod or Mimi maternity...

I've also seen them at BRU and Motherhood Maternity.