best double jogging stroller

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Nanny88, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Nanny88

Nanny88 Well-Known Member

I posted this in the 1st year forum because the babies are not yet one but I also wanted to post it here and see what is the best longer term option.

The twin currently have a double umbrella type stroller. It is fine for stores but not great for walking fast at all. I am looking at buying a jogging stroller for walks. I can't decided which is the best stroller for the money. Ideally I would like to get a BOB revolution but I want to see what y'all thought of it and other jogging strollers. I owned a single BOB revolution and I have wanted the double for about 6 years now. I loved my single so maybe I am just spoiled. If I had bought the double way back the beginning I would have already used it with 3 sets of kids. I probably should have bought it way back but I have not wanted to spend the money. Is is really that much better then other double jogging strollers? I will probably need to buy it new because I have not found a double that is used at a reasonable price(I can buy a new one on Amazon for less). I did go to REI and try out one but I only have my 12 year old brother with me not the babies. He sat in it and rode around while I pushed him and he said I should get it. He said it was super comfortable.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

2. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

We tested out pretty much every double jogging stroller out there and ended up buying a BOB. It was just the most consistent, had the best features, and was all around the best of everyone we tried. There are several other good double joggers (the Mountain Buggy is the one I can remember), but the BOB was less expensive and we liked it better. Plus, the resale on the BOB is awesome. I bought mine for $480 at REI with the member discount sale, used it for three years, and then resold it for $350.

3. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

I had the Mountain Buggy (or rather Naomi and Luke did), it was my favourite stroller ever. It was the urban double and I just loved it, so did everyone I let push it. In fact I saw a woman with twins in the same (new version) buggy at the park today and felt irrationally jealous. :blush: The only downside I can see is that it didn't fold very compact but that must surely be the same for every double jogging stroller.
    From various discussions I've read on this site since I'm pretty sure it's very similar to the BOB in terms of features/performance. One thing I will say about the MB; it has two front wheels which I always felt made it feel more stable and easier to steer. I haven't used another side by side double jogger but Eleanor and Ethan had a Phil & Teds (the ones where one child is sort of tucked underneath) and I didn't like that half as much. Etta has a City Mini jogger (single obviously), which also has only one front wheel, so I guess when I start pushing her around in that I will find out if it's the single front wheel I don't like or if it was specifically the P&T one.

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had to stick to a cheaper double jogger, money is an issue with us. I went with a Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger for $200. LOVED it! It was just small enough to fit through pretty much every doorway that was wheel chair accessible, it was semi light weight, it was easy to push, loved the air tires on it....I used it as my every day stroller for almost 2 yrs.

5. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

we have a BOB which i love. it fits through every door i have tried. it steers so easily you don't need much clearance.
    one other advantage is the big sun visors.

i also have a hand-me-down stroller from my SIL. took it to wal-mart the other day. the sun visors are wimpy so everyone could see the kids even when they were standing right in front of us. i don't care about that, except for the fact that my DD is a flirt and smiles at everyone! people would stand in front of me and talk to the kids.. hellooo, i am trying to shop here! too funny!

i recommend good sun visors for efficient shopping! :)

6. lilybay

lilybay Well-Known Member

I second the Baby Trend Expedition! It's a monster, but I love it. The seats are big and comfy and it has a ton of storage space.
    My boys love to put their feet up on the snack tray! :)
    We've used it for trips to the park and the zoo and I run or walk with it almost everyday. I would recommend this stroller to anyone.

7. marikaclare

marikaclare Well-Known Member

We loved the BOB and I got it second hand off of craigslist. The prior family had used it for 4 years and we have used it for almost 3 years and it still has a lot of life left in it. I've run with it and we've taken it on many trails. My only complaint is that it is heavy and challenging to get in and out of the car.