Best comebacks to pregnancy comments

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Tamaralynn, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

http://thestir.cafemom.com/pregnancy/116191/10_best_comebacks_to_stupid

2. Amycplus

Amycplus Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this Slipper. I can so relate. People have this strange idea about pregnant women being public property...

My recent experience: I made a lot of effort to get to a friend's New Year's party for an hour on the 31st. Coming out of the washroom, I was cornered by a woman I didn't know what said, "Twins, right? Now let me ask you, was that natural?" I was flabbergasted because, amazingly, I've made it this far in the pregnancy without having been asked outright. Many veiled questions yes, but never explicit like this. After escaping from her unending commentary about how much she wants to have twins, my husband is the one who got the earful instead of her. I really wish I had said, "You know, you are the first person whose been rude enough to ask." or perhaps during her twin commentary I could have said, "yes, I knows what you mean, standing here with you feels like my pelvis is going to break. Being pregnant with twins is awesome!".

Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful to be having these babies but as everyone here knows, it's tough. It would be so nice to eliminate these irritations along the way. Or at least, have the zingers pop in to my mind when need them, not after the fact. :)

3. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

Lol. And Amy, I so get it, we haven't told anyone except close family that its twins and the other day a woman said to me wow you are so big is it twins?? And I was like don't you think I would have told you if I wanted you to know??? Instead I said ohh I don't know, everything looks fine. But still, grrrrrr!!

4. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

You're welcome! I thought you girls could relate. :)