Belly Cream!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Lrnomder, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Lrnomder

Lrnomder Well-Known Member

Hi there ladies!! I am curious as to what you have used for the stretching skin on your belly? I know stretchmarks are inevitable I am more concerned about the burning type sensation that I have in certain spots of my tummy. Sometimes it hurts so bad I have to wear my shirt up cause if it touches it, oooh it hurts so bad. The best way to describe the feeling I have in several spots on my tummy is the pain you get from having either a rug burn or a sidewalk burn. Remember those from when we were little?? I have tried Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Butter formula, Coconut Oil, and Vitamin E capsules. All pretty much do the same and relieve the pain for about 5-10 minutes. I would love to get any suggestions available or hear your experiences :)

2. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Aveeno makes a cream with oatmeal in it, that's what I used. Everything else irritated my belly skin.

3. Amycplus

Amycplus Well-Known Member

Coconut oil. The food grade stuff you can buy at the health food store. Seriously. I used it everyday and had a few minor stretch marks under my belly button that you can no longer see - and I went to 37.5 with 15 lbs worth of babies, plus I am totally prone to stretch marks. It totally work, just keep using it. Good luck!.

4. Lrnomder

thanks! that is one of the things I use and it does help with the softness and stretchability of your skin! So far I haven't got any stretch marks but It doesn't seem to help the pain.

5. MyOwnMeadow

MyOwnMeadow Well-Known Member

Coconut oil or olive oil.

6. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

I used this Mountain Ocean Mother's Special Blendâ„¢ Skin Toning Oil - I used it 2-3 times a day towards the end and I didn't get any kind of pain. It's a blend of oils, it has Almond oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter and vitamin E. I heard Almond Oil is really good about preventing stretch marks, and it really helped me, it has great reviews where I bought it or on other websites. I don't have any stretch marks and my skin looks smooth. I had small marks on my stomach from my laparoscopic Gall Bladder surgery and those marks faded a lot because of this oil.

7. Lrnomder

Awesome! I will definitley try that!!

8. NicoleLea

NicoleLea Well-Known Member

With my first pregnancy I used nothing and got stretch marks (even though I delivered at 30 weeks!) This time I'm already up to 36 weeks and just as big and have only gotten a couple tiny new ones (obvioulsly still have the old ones.) I started using Mederma stretch mark cream quite awhile ago...maybe 22 weeks or so, and I do believe it has helped a lot! I also am prone to stretch marks so I have been shocked. I use it twice a day and I think it feels/smells great.

9. Lrnomder

i tried mederma and it does help with scars. I have no new stretch marks from this pregnancy and my stretch marks from previous 2 pregnancies have gone away. The problem im having still is the pain. nothing seems to be taking it away and its frustrating. it hurts when anything touches it so im constantly having my sirt lifted or pulled away from my belly. Its just hard to do that at work.

10. jnelan

jnelan Well-Known Member

I used this 12,000IU Vitamin E cream. I never had any stretch marks, though I hear that those are mostly genetic anyway. My belly just itched a lot and normal lotion didn't help very much. But this cream was really great in soothing my skin.

11. jnelan

jnelan Well-Known Member

I used this 12,000IU Vitamin E cream. I never had any stretch marks, though I hear that those are mostly genetic anyway. My belly just itched a lot and normal lotion didn't help very much. But this cream was really great in soothing my skin.