Bedtime routine

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by rayceryin12, Dec 4, 2012.

1. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

We are working hard on this. Just wanting to see what everyone else is doing and how long it takes.

Thanks!!

2. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

We do bottles at 5:00, then bath and pjs.
    Two books and bed by 6:00.

I am by myself most days so it takes me one hour. With a second person to help undress/dress it takes 45 minutes.

3. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Most nights are a crazy mess at our house. :blink: But I feed the girls some baby food while we eat dinner (normally around 6:30 ish). Then I change them into their PJs and nurse them and try to have them both in their cribs by 7:30 ish. I sing them Twinkle Twinkle Little Star at the end of their feedings and I have a key phrase that I say to them each night before I put them down.

4. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

We do eat, bath, PJ's, nurse and sing songs with the lights off, bed.

5. efaith

efaith Well-Known Member

I try and get pjs and night nappy on by 6:30 when they usually start to flag, last breastfeed, kids and I sing to them for about half an hour. (Doubles as my connecting with the big kids time!!!) If they don't settle I pop in and out of their room in between doing everything else I have to do (getting big kids off to bed, cleaning the kitchen, making lunches for tomorrow that sort of thing) To be honest though lots of nights I end up getting them up again for further cuddling/ feeding as required. I'm terrible with routines, both my big kids just got thrown bedwards (not literally!!!) when I suddenly realised what the time was when they were babies I attempt to be more organised now there are more people involved!!!!

6. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

At 3-4 months, we started doing bath at 5pm, nurse/bottle, books, in bed by 5.30-5.45pm. DH was always home for bath time but on my own it took an hour and we only did baths every 2nd night. Prior to moving to earlier bedtime, it used to take us sometimes 2-3 hours to settle them as they were very fussy babies. But once we moved to 5.30/6pm bed it changed our lives and our girls started sleeping longer.