Bedrest at 20 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Jakemylar, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Jakemylar

Jakemylar New Member

I was put on bedrest after my 20 week ultrasound because my son measured 13 oz and my daughter measured 10 oz. This is almost 25% discordance so I was immediately put on bedrest and scheduled for an ultrasound 2 weeks later. At 22 weeks they each gained 4 oz so the discordance went down to less than 18%. Today at 23 weeks I saw my OB for my monthly appt (no ultrasound) and she said I'll probably be on bedrest for the duration.

It seems a little strict since there is only a 3 oz difference and neither one is especially large or small for their gestation. Has anyone else experienced this? It is not a strict bedrest but she basically said I can walk no more than 10 minutes at a time but I need to lay down for the rest of the day. For 3 weeks I've pretty much been laying on my side 22-23 hours a day. Everything else seems to be good (cervix, bp, weight) and I feel as fine as someone who's 23 weeks pregnant with twins.

Needless to say, this is not how I pictured my summer.

2. sjkar

sjkar Member

My twins were 21% different at 23 weeks and 24% different at 26 weeks? However, they were both progressing individually and were in the range for normal growth. I have not been put on bed rest of any kind yet and so far I have just been told to take it easy.
    I'm currently 27.5 weeks

3. Jakemylar

Jakemylar New Member

I think my doctor is pretty conservative. She has another twin mother who is a couple weeks ahead of me and was also put on bed rest for the same reason. I'm hoping she was telling me I'll probably be on bed rest the rest of the pregnancy just because that's worst case and she doesn't want to get my hopes up.