Be Honest-Would You Have Your Boys Wear This?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by cjk2002, Apr 17, 2008.

1. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I would like to get your opinions. My brother emailed me and mentioned they were at Cracker Barrel. The easter stuff was 75% off and they seen this cute outfit. So they picked it up for Jake & Josh. It came today in the mail and here it is:

Easter Outfit

My DH was :eek: :huh: . It's cute but really does not look like an outfit for two little boys that will be around 18 months next easter.

What would you do? It sort of reminds me of the movie A Christmas Story when they get bunny pajamas from their aunt. :lol:

Oh, btw, those feet move.

2. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

Personally, no.

ETA: I don't have boys, but no.

3. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I dont have boys either....I might let them wear it around the house, but I dont think I would take them out in public in it. I might snap a few pictures for photographic blackmail when they are older :laughing:

4. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

I might snap a few pictures for photographic blackmail when they are older

Never thought of that....good idea. I just feel bad because they seemed really excited about them. I wish you could of seen my face when I got the mail today.

5. scolesrn

scolesrn Well-Known Member

I don't have boys either....BFWIW- NO!

6. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Oh.My.Gosh. I don't have boys either, but...heck no!! Thank goodness they don't live close, huh? I would definitely take pics to show them and that's it. Oh wow!!

7. nepolm

nepolm Well-Known Member

It's not THAT bad, but not really my style...

Will your brother see them in person on Easter? If not, put it on them and take a quick picture to send to your brother, then you can put them in the outfit of your choice ;) .

If your brother will be there for Easter, you could always say they didn't fit (techincally true since they don't fit your style ;))

8. clkafka

clkafka Well-Known Member

I have a boy and... Nope. My dh saw it and said "no boy of mine is wearing that"

9. camdensmommy

camdensmommy Well-Known Member

Um... no... I like your comment about the pink easter bunny comparison, ha ha ha. And I am sure your face was priceless. I agree with the others- snap a few pics in them, and send it to them- then be done with it ;)

10. Aprilisdisney

Aprilisdisney Well-Known Member

[SIZE=10pt]No ~ not sure I would put it on my DD either though ;)

It is the thought that counts though...so he gets an A+ for that. Does he happen to have children of his own? I'm surprised sometimes of what others buy for my lil ones...especially when I have NEVER seen their kids in anything like what they've given my two. <_<

I agree with pp's ~ if you're not going to see your brother for Easter next year...snap a few pics of them in the outfits. That'll make your brother happy PLUS you'll have great blackmail for the boys later on :lol:

April :)
    [/SIZE]

11. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

No.

But like a PP said, it's not my style at all and I wouldn't even make DD wear it. But it's nice he thought of the babies.

12. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

I put Andrew in Jon Jons (shortalls) alot, but I wouldn't put that on him!!!

13. *Lori*

*Lori* Well-Known Member

I vote those are house clothes as well, maybe they would be good for dyeing eggs in.

14. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

I think it is adorable and would put my ds in it :p Then again I dd put in mainly boy colors for the first 3 months because we mainly had boy hand-me-downs. i am not AT ALL picky about what they were now....I know in a few years they will be telling me what they want to wear, until then its up to me :D

15. Stephanie1074

Stephanie1074 Well-Known Member

Definately a NO on that one! If your interested my grandmother called me a couple of months ago and told me that she got some cute outfits for the boys, when the package arrived it was 2 pink outfits... there were little appliques on them w/ small print on it that said "Daddy's Girl"... needless to tay, my boys didn't wear those either!

16. twinreverb

twinreverb Well-Known Member

QUOTE(cjk2002 @ Apr 17 2008, 09:50 PM) [snapback]727139[/snapback]
    Hi,
    I would like to get your opinions. My brother emailed me and mentioned they were at Cracker Barrel. The easter stuff was 75% off and they seen this cute outfit. So they picked it up for Jake & Josh. It came today in the mail and here it is:

Easter Outfit
    My DH was :eek: :huh: . It's cute but really does not look like an outfit for two little boys that will be around 18 months next easter.

What would you do? It sort of reminds me of the movie A Christmas Story when they get bunny pajamas from their aunt. :lol:

Oh, btw, those feet move.

umm no agreed... awful straight from Christmas story. My dad and his wife send us awful stuff and we just say thanks and we never use or wear any of it...

17. leticiasnow

leticiasnow Well-Known Member

Krystyn-- your twins are so cute in those outfits....

OP-- as for the easter outfits? DH wouldn't allow it. I would just sell them on ebay or something. lol!

QUOTE(Kyrstyn @ Apr 17 2008, 09:55 PM) [snapback]727144[/snapback]
    I dont have boys either....I might let them wear it around the house, but I dont think I would take them out in public in it. I might snap a few pictures for photographic blackmail when they are older :laughing:

18. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

your post totally made me chuckle!!
    I didnt know what to expect when I opened the picture & i had to giggle :)
    the little 'chick' foot that shoots of the outfit is hilarious!
    I would totally put them in the outfits for fun, take some photos & tell them when they are older how funny it was to get those in the mail ;)

19. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

Nope.. I wouldnt put it on DS.. But i would put it on DD. I think its cute!

20. asahlin

asahlin Well-Known Member

i thought it was cute until i got to the feet, then I was like "e gads!" haha. If the feet were part of the stitching and not hanging off the outfit it would be cuter.

21. scaredmommy

scaredmommy Member

I have to say I wouldn't put either DS or DD in it. The color I have no problem with for a boy...but the hanging foot is just a little creepy! lol

22. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

Not in a million years, completely not my style. Everything with bears and similar creatures will not be worn by my kids, but that's just me ;)!

23. fourznuff

fourznuff Well-Known Member

I think these outfits were 75% off for a reason and I don't think that reason is because Easter is over. :D
    Actually they are kinda cute. I just would not have put them on my boys because every thought they were girls no matter what they were wearing.

-Kimberly

24. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

I wouldnt let my boys OR girls wear it. Not even around the house, its hideous!!

25. prairiemom3

prairiemom3 Well-Known Member

I can see why it was in the 75% off bin :laughing: Sorry I wouldn't dress my boys in it if I had boys! Some people just don't have great taste, but the thought was sure nice!! Maybe put them in it briefly and take a pic for him next Easter. Or tell him they don't fit.

26. 3n1n2n2

3n1n2n2 Well-Known Member

Before I even read the last part of your post I thought of Christmas story. Those are REALLY scary. Thanks and it was a nice thought, but no way. Put them on and snap a pic. Send it to them and tell them thamks and you're in the clear.

27. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

No, we wouldn't. We have a few outfits that were given to us that we will not put on them. I feel bad but everyone has different tastes and not everyone is going to like the same things.

Dianna

28. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Ok .. maybe on a much younger baby. But not over a year .. they have a rep to protect .. geesh ! What a funny dilemma though .. :D

29. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

Oh, no, there is no way that would pass man-fashion-muster in our house. Actually, it doesn't pass mom fashion muster either, but I've been known to put hideous clothes on them just so they'll have something to wear while everything else is in the wash.

30. 2Xthelove

2Xthelove Well-Known Member

wow that is straight from the christmas story no wonder it was 75% off. i actually thought it was cute but then i saw the feet hanging off omg they actually move lmao. does your brother have kids? time for a little revenge if he does or for when he does. i think you could find something xmas story funny lol. definately take a picture and send it to him saying thanks but keep them in the house when and if they wear it. can u cut the feet off it?

31. jkendall

jkendall Well-Known Member

I vote no

32. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

It would be cute on a tiny baby (althought the foot hanging off is weird), but on an 18 month old toddler I say no.

I think you could either sell it at a twins sale (since I presume you have 2!), or put it on them, take some pix for your brother, dye eggs.. opps it got ruined by the egg dye! :rolleyes:

33. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(Moodyzblu @ Apr 18 2008, 06:17 AM) [snapback]727370[/snapback]
    Ok .. maybe on a much younger baby. But not over a year .. they have a rep to protect .. geesh ! What a funny dilemma though .. :D

I agree with Michelle. Maybe at 3 months, but no way at 18 month!!! Put them on, take some pictures, and send them off to your brother.

Funny, we got an outfit from MIL last year that Doug looked at me and said "Do we like that?" It was a leopard print jumper...I am not a fan of animal prints. Wouldn't you know, Meghan LOVES it.

34. Jennifer@sharphome.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

At least it's not a dress!!!

35. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

No, I wouldn't put that on a boy. I don't have boys, but still, I would not. It's cute though!