Bathing together, or alone?

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Sunshinemamaof3, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Sunshinemamaof3

Sunshinemamaof3 New Member

I have mirror reflective, Identical twin 7 year old girls. We have tried seperating their sleeping, and their bathing, and are falling on hard times, lol! They sneak into each others beds, no matter what we do, and I guess that is par for the course, but is it gross, or unnatural that they still shower together? They have so much fun playing and splashing, and as soon as we bring up showering alone, it is pure hysteria. I dont know what to do, any suggestions?

2. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Let them do it. There's nothing wrong with the human body really.
    Mine still occasionally shower together and they are b/g twins. It's not weird until you make it weird.

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I wouldn't even worry about it! My girls will be 6 next month and shower or bathe together every single time. They usually cuddle to sleep together as well. More often than not, their 2.5 year old brother is in the bath with them and he currently starts the night in their room (we have two mattresses pushed together on the floor). We have set some boundaries around people's bodies being their own, private parts, consent for any kind of touching or physical play but otherwise, they're kids. There's nothing sexual about it. So if they're happy together let them be together. :)

1 person likes this.
  4. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My twins are 6 (b/g) and I have an older daughter that is nearly 10, they still shower/bath together without a thought to it-sometimes they'll jump in with me if we are in a hurry.  No big deal to us.  I suppose eventually they'll want their privacy, but I'm sure they will let us know.

5. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

Here too - identical 7 year olds who bathe/shower together. No biggie.

6. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Our B/G twins are nearly 5 and still bathe together and never think about it. They have a lot of fun and I get a break.

We have talked about boundaries and private parts of the body and they instictively (and by our example) know that nakedness is ok in the family but not in public. I would not worry about it, they will let you know when they are ready for more privacy.

7. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

My boys bathe together. Sometimes they want to bathe alone, but most of the time, they want to be together. They are so big now, we have to use my tub. It's a little wider than theirs. They are only just now getting interested in showers. The only reason I've suggested they bathe separately is for room, but there's nothing weird about bathing together.

8. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My girls bath together sometimes and they are 9.  one of mine usually starts in the tub with her sister then switches to the shower.  They like my bathroom over theirs.

9. Ange2k25

Ange2k25 Well-Known Member

My girls are 8.5 and they still bathe together a lot of the time. Katelyn will sometimes want to take a bath on her own...she wants to read in the bath and relax like I do and Jessica wants to play. They will also take showers with me when we are at the Y or traveling and sometimes at home if we are in a hurry. No biggie.

10. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

we've stopped letting ours shower together about a year ago - more because of the time involved.  If they go in together its a half hour or 45 minutes in the shower and then there's no hot water left LOL.  They still run around naked - no biggie.

11. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

My girls are 8 and still shower together the majority of the time. Totally convenient for me, plus they help each other rinse their hair because they never seem to get all the shampoo/conditioner out when they shower by themselves.