barney and friends rainbow theme birthday party food

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by mandywellman, Mar 20, 2012.

1. mandywellman

mandywellman Well-Known Member

girls birthday party and want to make all the foods dealing with barney and hsi friends or rainbow theme food...any ideas?!!! thank you thank you!

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I remember someone on here made a rainbow fruit salad with mini marshmellows as the clouds. It looked so cute! I've been meaning to steal that idea for a play date.

3. DblStuffOreo

DblStuffOreo Well-Known Member

Fruit makes a great rainbow that is kid friendly and mom approved.

RED = strawberries
    PINK = Raspberries
    ORANGE = cantalope
    YELLOW = pineapple
    GREEN = grapes
    BLUE = blueberries
    PURPLE = Blackberries

Most can be bought at Costco fairly inexpensively. We're doing this for my twins' hungry caterpillar themed party in a few weeks. I am going to have the fruit sliced small and have a huge box of hand sanitizing wipes available. We'll also make spoons available, but I'd rather have sticky kids eating with their hands rather than toddlers charging around with forks. Should be interesting. Good luck.

4. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

Totally agree with having a fruit rainbow, there are so many options. You could have a vegetable one as well, I'm drawing a blank for blue and purple things but the rest are easy; Red-cherry tomatoes, Orange-carrot sticks, Yellow-yellow sweet peppers/corn on the cob, Green-cucumber sticks.
    For something a bit more party treat-ish you could have Jello in different colours or make dinosaur shaped cookies. If you want to have savoury foods as well I'm not sure you'll be able to keep to the Barney/rainbow theme entirely. You could make sandwiches from white bread and cut them into cloud shapes to go with the rainbow (cloud cookie cutter), that might be enough if you're only doing snack foods.