balance

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by lezlie72, Jun 1, 2010.

1. lezlie72

lezlie72 Well-Known Member

when would you be concerned? my DS is off balance a lot lately, i mean a lot... i want to just say it is because of his need for speed and attempts to go faster plus he is on his toes more now that ever... is this a normal part of learning to run? or should i worry about a possible inner-ear problem... anyone have thoughts? we don't go back to pedi until mid-July. should i call and get a checkup?

2. Shohenadel

Shohenadel Well-Known Member

I'm not positive but I would guess it's just a normal part of learning. My kids were wobbly and off balance for months and months especially went they try to go fast and their body cannot keep up. I wouldn't worry at all (and I"m a worrier!)

Shannon

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My guess it would be part of the process of learning to run and becoming more sure on their feet. However, you continue to be concerned there is no harm in calling your pedi about it.

4. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

We just asked our pedi this same question, really only one of ours stumbles...ALOT! She said it was all normal, "toddlers...toddle". But if your concerned I would check with your pedi, it eased my mind. I think you could even call and ask your question over the phone, maybe they can tell you what to look for if there is a concern.

GL!
    reb