Back packs and oles

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by cm301263, Jun 8, 2015.

1. cm301263

cm301263 Well-Known Member

My sons, because they are on the short side, tend to let their back packs drag on the ground sometimes. Looking for advice on some good back pack options that have a sturdier bottom that will last a while. Please include where you purchased them, Thanks!!

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Lands End has some nice ones.  My kids just finished their 2nd full year with them with no issues.

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would agree with Lands End and LL Bean for making very sturdy backpacks.

4. cm301263

cm301263 Well-Known Member

Thanks I will have to check them out! BTW how do you edit a post? It was supposed to be Holes not oles lol

5. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I get LL Bean bags for my kids, they are lifetime guaranteed. 

6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

LL Bean.. My girls are finishing 2nd grade and they are using the same backpacks I bought them at the beginning of PreK, and they have minimal wear.

7. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

another vote for LL Bean.

8. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

We still have the Land's End from Kindergarten and will use them again into 2nd grade. Still as good as new.

9. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

LLBean-what size do you get? They ever have a sale/free shipping, etc? I'm going to get three of them. Annabella's is currently being held together by duct tape. Anthony's didn't last three months. Nicholas is still ok. But, I'm going with LLBean and their lifetime guarantee.

10. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

This is the one I got the girls when they were in Pre-K and is still going strong after finishing 2nd grade: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/62783?feat=506219-GN2&page=l-l-bean-original-book-pack-print

And yes I bought them on sale (certain prints/ colors go on sale).  I'm actually going to get them this one for 3rd onward (hopefully though middle school!): http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/83529?feat=506219-GN2&page=l-l-bean-deluxe-plus-book-pack

Its bigger, has an outside side pocket for a water bottle, and my girls are complaining about the colors/patterns on their old bags.  We'll still be able to use the smaller bag for traveling though or pass them down to someone else.  

11. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm going to get Jansports for my two. I believe they have a lifetime guarantee, too, and I had mine through high school and college. I think it's in the garage somewhere, come to think of it.

They are also a bit cheaper than some others.