babywearing - sllings

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by esaesa, May 20, 2008.

1. esaesa

esaesa Well-Known Member

I would like to wear my babies (13 weeks) around the house and when we go out instead of using the giant stroller. (especially because the last few walks we've been on DS insists on being carried anyway and pushing a giant stroller with one babe in it seems silly).

Anyone have any success stories? Anyone have any horror stories which I can learn from? :winking0009: What types of slings do you use? Is it a hassle when someone wants to eat or needs diaper changed?

2. mrsriney00

mrsriney00 Well-Known Member

I use the peanut shell, but that is only for one. I know some people here use the moby wrap and you can get both babies in there. I just worry about it getting too heavy carrying two babies all the time. But I totally love my sling! And the babies just love riding around looking out. My super fussy reflux baby is always happy in the sling. HTH a little bit! :)

3. donatella

donatella Member

I also use the Peanut Shell...just for one. I just received another one as a gift and was told you could wear two at once; I haven't tried this yet. I love the Peanut Shell!!

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I never used a sling for my twins, but the Moby WRap does include directions for different positions of holding twins. I have a hotsling for my singleton which has been proven useful. I have yet to try the Moby Wrap!

5. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

I have a friend who sells them professionally. They are great. SHe even gives a free DVD to show you positions to wear them. SHe even bf them in the sling in public and people never even know. Check out her website atthis site. Hope that helps.

6. mich17

mich17 Well-Known Member

I use the Rockin Baby Sling for Cody. Have been using it since he was 1 month old!

7. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

8. eviedc

eviedc Well-Known Member

I have the moby wrap, hot sling & a bjorn. I love my moby. I still can carry both babies in it. My dh likes the bjorn. The hotsling is a great for its ease of use.

Find a baby boutique and try them out. They can be a lot of money so this way you can figure out what works best for you.

evie

9. 3greysandamutt

3greysandamutt Well-Known Member

I have had a moby wrap since before the boys were born, but only used it occasionally until recently. I was never very comfortable wearing bith babies at the same time. Now that my boys like to face outward (unless they fall asleep), I have been getting lots of use out of my moby! In fact, I just took all three kids to the grocery store today - DD in the seat at the front of the cart, AJ in his car seat in the cart (surrounded by and on top of groceries), and Benny in the moby wrap, happy as a clam the whole time!

10. khpine

khpine Member

I have a hotsling that I like, but I only use it when my husband has the other baby since I don't think it is entirely hands-free. When I am by myself, I usually wear one in a moby wrap or Beco carrier (a great structured carrier with a little more support than the Bjorn, in my opinion) and put the other in a single stroller. I am toying with the idea of putting one in the Beco in a back carry and one in he Moby in the front carry- I think this would work, I have seen pictures. I never got the hang of "double slinging," but I think it has worked for other people.

11. SeattleLisa

SeattleLisa Well-Known Member

I have a HotSling and I love it.

I also really like my Ergo Baby Carrier - not a sling, but it is more versatile. You can wear front and back, and can wear the baby in a cradle position, hip carry, or standard facing in. I've nursed while wearing it. It's really comfortable.

I also just ordered a Mei Tai because I've heard great things about them.

12. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

i have a moby, a baby k'tan, and an ergo. dh uses the baby bjorn. we usually each carry a baby. or, if i am alone, i carry one and bring the other in a stroller. carrying both hurts my back..... but, i LOVE 'wearing' my babies!

hth, jl

13. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I had a hotsling and I really liked it.

14. Mum2TwinBoys

Mum2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

I have a maya wrap and I am still able to use it with Molly. When you order through maya you receive a users cd that shows how you can use it with twins.

15. Joanna Smolko

Joanna Smolko Well-Known Member

Good for you for slinging!

I just used an infantino sling rider. I haven't used it lately, they're getting a little heavy, but I love it. I could take the kids to a grocery store, or one in sling, one in carseat. I also took them to their early doctor's appointments that way, too.

And the bonus was that many times it would put them to sleep. One day we took a whole day trip with the babies in slings, just walking around a pretty mountain town near us.

And they cut down on unwanted attention. Ours just look like giant handbags on the outside.

16. somebunniesmom

somebunniesmom Well-Known Member

I had a maya wrap knock off that I used occasionally. What I liked about it was that I could keep it folded up in the diaper bag and it didn't take up much room, was handy when I needed it. For a quick trip into the drug store, I would put one baby in the wrap, and carry the other leaving one hand free to conduct business. What I didn't like was that one day while wearing my baby, the ring broke and the baby fell onto the floor and bumped her head pretty bad. That was the end of the slings for me.

17. clkafka

clkafka Well-Known Member

18. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

I didn't have much luck with the twins and babywearing, but my singleton loved it!