Baby wipes, diapers, etc.?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by DoubleT's, Aug 7, 2008.

1. DoubleT's

DoubleT's Member

What are some of your must have wipes, diapers, etc.?

2. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I love the Costco/Kirkland brand wipes, love, love, love them! They are not scented, my girls do not react to them, they are priced great, and I love the flexible packaging. Did I say I love Costco wipes?

I use Costco/Kirkland brand or Huggies diapers. They are basically the same exact price per diaper at Costco, and I like them both equally.

3. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

I *love* huggies sensitive wipes.....LOVE them!
    And we totally stand by Pampers Swaddlers or Cruisers :) they are the BEST, never had a leak....knock on wood.....

4. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

We use Pampers Baby Dry. Every other brand we have had leaks...with these Pampers none!

Dianna

5. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

We use Target brand diapers and wipes. They're very inexpensive and do the trick!

6. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I too LOVE the Costco brand of diapers and wipes. I love their wipes as they are soft and you just take a package with you instead of a travel pack... and the diapers we have never had a problem with leakage, etc... I will say-when they were first born, I loved the Swaddlers.

7. cole715

cole715 Well-Known Member

I love Pampers brand diapers. We loved the swaddlers, but now use the Cruisers. I use Huggies wipes, b/c they are sold at Costco.

8. *Sully*

*Sully* Well-Known Member

Butt Paste and Aquaphor

9. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

I think it's really a matter of preference and what works for your babies.

I have always used Swaddlers and love them. I tried Luvs once and they felt like scratchy paper. When they get bigger I am going to try Cruisers and Baby Dry

I use Pampers Sensitive wipes. I don't like that it does have alcohol in it, but Huggies wipes have parabens. I tried the Target wipes, they have no alcohol, no parabens, but I hated them. Not wet enough. So, I'm back to Pampers sensitive.

I think I will have to check out the Costco wipes though.

10. DoubleT's

DoubleT's Member

I've never stepped foot in a Costco before. I should really check one out. Target brand items are good. When I don't feel like paying a fortune, I grab their stuff. Has anyone heard of mom to mom baby diapers? Everything is made for moms by moms.

11. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

I've seen the mom to mom diapers in the grocery store- good price. But I haven't used them.

12. ChanceKathleen

ChanceKathleen Well-Known Member

I use the Walmart brand diapers..cheap and they work great..and Huggies wipes :D

13. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

We love the swaddlers and switch to huggies when the girls get bigger. We use the kirkland wipes. We love aquaphor as well.

14. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(Babies4Susan @ Aug 7 2008, 03:52 PM) [snapback]919329[/snapback]
    I love the Costco/Kirkland brand wipes, love, love, love them! They are not scented, my girls do not react to them, they are priced great, and I love the flexible packaging. Did I say I love Costco wipes?

I use Costco/Kirkland brand or Huggies diapers. They are basically the same exact price per diaper at Costco, and I like them both equally.

I wish we had a Costco here!
    We use Luvs diapers and any brand of wipes, not picky!

15. mmbadger

mmbadger Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Babies4Susan @ Aug 7 2008, 04:52 PM) [snapback]919329[/snapback]

Ditto. Good value for both, and the wipes are AWESOME.

16. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

Pampers baby dry diapers and huggies wipes and A & D ointment. I like LUVS diapers but they are to papery.

17. brookbranplus2

brookbranplus2 Well-Known Member

We use the Wamart brand for active babies and have never had a problem. I also like the huggies wipes because they are thicker than the pampers.

18. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

We LOVE Pampers Swaddlers and Cruisers, but often by Luvs just because they are cheaper and get the job done. (But I really love Pampers a lot more.) I'm picky with wipes. I hate wipes that don't separate easily. We generally stick to Pampers wipes, but will sometimes use Huggies.
    I love Destin for when they look a little pink. We've never had a full blown diaper rash, but Destin works great for any pink or redness! (I've heard it's great on rashes too, we just haven't had one.)

19. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

QUOTE(gina_leigh @ Aug 9 2008, 01:21 AM) [snapback]921779[/snapback]
    We LOVE Pampers Swaddlers and Cruisers, but often by Luvs just because they are cheaper and get the job done. (But I really love Pampers a lot more.) I'm picky with wipes. I hate wipes that don't separate easily. We generally stick to Pampers wipes, but will sometimes use Huggies.
    I love Destin for when they look a little pink. We've never had a full blown diaper rash, but Destin works great for any pink or redness! (I've heard it's great on rashes too, we just haven't had one.)

Oh we had full blown diaper rash here when Sofia had some diarrhea! I tried everything- CA Baby diaper cream, A&D, Balmex, etc. And then finally we tried Original Desitin and it started getting better IMMEDIATELY. I was surprised! But that cream is the only one w/ 40% zinc, so I think that is why. Now it is all I will use.

20. DoubleT's

DoubleT's Member

HinSD, The Baby Body Butter is nice. I tried some while shopping in the maket. While I was shopping, I kept rubbing my hands because they felt good. I love body butter for myself.

Went to Costco for the first time yesterday.....I must say.....I like I like :D

21. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Huggies natural care wipes.
    Pampers swaddlers when they were little and now cruisers.
    Huggies overnight diapers once they started sleeping thru the night.
    California baby diaper cream.

22. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

I like the Costco wipes because they're inexpensive as far as wipes go. We mostly use them for quick hands & face clean up though because I find the diaper wipe solution I make to use with our cloth wipes is so much gentler. There isn't a commercial baby wipe that doesn't sting if the baby has a really bad rash.

For diapers, we've used most of the brands and the best we've found has been cloth. It's so much better for the babies, cheaper, and easy to use. We've also tried many of the brands of cloth diapers and our favorite is the Happy Heinys because they almost never leak or have a blow-out, are very simple to clean, and use velcro to open and close so they go on quick with twins.

23. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

QUOTE(DoubleT @ Aug 7 2008, 04:01 PM) [snapback]919251[/snapback]
    What are some of your must have wipes, diapers, etc.?

Pampers Baby Dry diapers, Target wipes, and - and this one is a must-have - Huggies Overnights!

24. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

QUOTE(*Sully* @ Aug 7 2008, 09:36 PM) [snapback]919687[/snapback]
    Butt Paste and Aquaphor

Second the Aquaphor. DD has excema and we slather her in the stuff morning and night. And to think the first time I bought it I thought the tub was overkill! :rotflmbo:

25. DoubleT's

DoubleT's Member

Leighann, California Baby Diaper Cream....never heard of it.

26. aandja79

aandja79 Well-Known Member

I started off with some huggies sensitive wipes - they were fine. I switched to a generic Target wipe (the unscented) which seem to be pretty reasonable, and have never looked back. They aren't overly saturated, and both babies' butts seem to be doing fine. I was using Pampers Swaddlers until I switched to cloth a couple of weeks ago (not sure what I was thinking there, not sure I need more work), and now am using a combination of Bum Genius and prefolds. Love the Swaddlers though. Never had a leak, and can get them reasonably at diapers.com .

27. 4kidsmomexpectingtwins

4kidsmomexpectingtwins Well-Known Member

I use Target brand cleansing cloths, Luvs or Huggies diapers, playtex nursers for bottles and Walmart brand inserts. I have found these work the best for my little ones. I used Huggies wipes but they ended up making the babies break out. The Lansinoh cleansing cloths work awesome, but I found the Target brand is just as good, cost less and give you more! LOL... my 15 year old prefers the Luv's diapers... she says they seem to fit the babies better... I didn't think I would ever hear a 15 year old comment on brands of diapers... BTW... she hates Pampers! :rotflmbo: