Baby swings...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by jenpoe, Nov 30, 2010.

1. jenpoe

jenpoe Well-Known Member

So, we haven't used our swings in a couple of weeks at least.

When did your babies lose interest in them? Did they like them to begin with? My babies were never too excited over it (they're only 3.5 months now) and the batteries died in our favorite one so we haven't used them at all for a while.

If it's been quite a while since we've used them, would it be safe to say to go ahead and get rid of them? Or should I hang on to them??

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I used mine until the boys were 7 almost 8 months, but they LOVED their swing from day 1. If you havent used it in awhile, and dont plan on having anymore babie, then it's probably safe to get rid of it.

3. mandywellman

mandywellman Well-Known Member

I would wait, mine did not like the swing when they were really little i want to say from about 4 -7 montyhs or so they were in it all the time. niw not so much unlessd they are tired. the last couople weeks they have not wanted to get in it, they juse use it as a jungle gym and climb all over it.

4. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'd be inclined to hold onto them a bit longer. The boys used them everyday for the first six months. After that, they were starting to get too big for them, and they were napping in their crbis! LOL! Annabella never really used it because I had two toddlers that kept going over to her and pushing it, stopping it, yada yada.

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We went through spurts with ours. They were super helpful from week 6 to month 3. Then they didn't use them so much, but right before they got mobile they liked them again.

6. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Mine hated first 7 months. They started liking them this month. We only got 1

7. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

They are really handy when they are sick and need soothing when you are not able to hold them. When we had the flu and they were so achy to be held, we put them in their swings, turned on music or sometimes the TV and they would lay there calmly in and out of being miserable...I would probably wait too.

8. lisagayle

lisagayle Well-Known Member

Our babies quit using them regularly around 3.5 to 4 months. We packed them up and shipped them to the garage around 5.5 months. At that point they didn't like being in them anymore, regardless of how tired they were. It was just a space taker upper. lol

9. sheras2

sheras2 Well-Known Member

We just have one swing but we use it all the time and always have. They aren't always in the mood to swing but ours has a comfy seat which is also removable. It's a great place to set them down for a while.

10. jenpoe

jenpoe Well-Known Member

I think I will get rid of one and keep the other just to have one for a while.. Thanks guys!