Baby proofing a water cooler

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by mom of one plus two, Jul 8, 2007.

1. mom of one plus two

mom of one plus two Well-Known Member

My babes have now figured out how to operate the water cooler so floods have started. Have any of your figured out how to baby proof it so they you don't have to say no all the time? We really don't want to have to move it unless we have to.

Any ideas?

2. SharonH

SharonH Well-Known Member

My girlfriend cut an upside down yougurt container where the spout is and hooked an elastic over it and that worked really well with her boys. Of course they are singletons and so she didn't have the tag team to deal with. :D

3. mom of one plus two

mom of one plus two Well-Known Member

Thanks fofr the idea!

You would think that someone out there would invent plugs for them or something!

4. lrothrock1

lrothrock1 Well-Known Member

I hate the water cooler! I get so excited when the bottle is empty! I have had to cover the spouts with packaging tape, couldn't find any plugs on the internet, and I searched. I had to keep our pantry closed so the girls couldn't help themselves to cups. They finally got the tape off, and I got tired of trying to get water with it on. Now they put their mouth on it and drink directly from the spicket. They also will find toys and fill them with water, and drink it! HATE THE DARN THING! It started once they learned to walk! Good luck