Baby knows best

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by FGMH, Dec 10, 2014.

1. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I just wanted to share something that happened this week and shows how smart babies are about their needs:

We started solids for our May baby (mostly BLW) and he was pretty interested. Then all of a sudden he refused the carrots he loves on Sunday evening and wanted to nurse instead during dinner. Ok, I thought he was just tired. Same thing with his cooked apple on Monday morning. I did not push it and let him nurse.

A couple of hours later he started a fever and watery poops - now I knew what was going on. But my smart baby knew long before and his body told him to nurse because everything else would not do him any good. And, btw, he is already well again, it was just a 24 hour bug.

Yay for mother's milk and yay for a baby knowing exctly what he needs!

2. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Poor baby! I'm glad he's already better though! 
    It really is amazing how they can listen to their bodies. 

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Awesome! I always regret when I don't follow my kids leads, especially anything to do with their own bodies. What a powerful gift to give them to believe what they're telling us about themselves.

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Yay!!  Super job reading his signs!

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That's so cool! Thanks for sharing. I so miss the 24-36 hour viruses that just disappear with nursing.