Baby having the hiccups

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by dutree123, May 2, 2009.

1. dutree123

dutree123 Well-Known Member

Hi, Just curious to know how would one know if the babies have hiccups. What does it feel like? Because I feel something like a heart beat but it is like 2 seconds apart and it continues in that pattern for maybe 3-5 minutes.I'm not sure of what that really is.

2. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

It sounds like it's the hiccups. Baby B had them when I was having my US on Tuesday and that's what it felt like!!

3. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

That is TOTALLY the hiccups!
    My baby A (Sydney) had them daily, poor thing!!

4. shlbifish

shlbifish Well-Known Member

I'd say hiccups too! My baby B has them all the time.... so cute and funny to feel!

5. oh-baby-baby

oh-baby-baby Well-Known Member

I can't describe the feel....somewhat of a slight flutter??? But I can sit back and watch to see who it is that has them...they are spaced out a bit...always in the same spot and like you said lasting a few minutes...

6. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

That sounds like hiccups! You just made me remember mine. :wub: I felt bad that they had them so often, but it was kinda cute to feel them.

7. heatonp

heatonp Active Member

Definitely sounds like hiccups. Both of mine had them all the time...to the point that it got annoying in the middle of the night. It is like a constant little pop in one spot that keeps a rhythm. The bigger they get, the more obvious it will be for you.

8. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

That's them! Baby B got them all the time and she was transverse at the top of my belly. At the end of my pregnacy you couldsee her head go out one way and her feet go out the other way. We even got a video. Poor kid, she's still my little hiccup baby much more than her sister. :rolleyes:

9. newpairofschus

newpairofschus Well-Known Member

Definitely hiccups. Feels like someone rhythmically tapping on your belly in one spot? DS #1 used to get them ALL the time (and still gets them frequently) and now Baby A gets a ton of them, too. Baby B, not so much. I guess that'll help me keep from getting them mixed up after they're born! ;)

Feeling the movement of the babies is one of my favorite parts of being pregnant, but I must confess that I HATE the hiccups. I guess because my babies get them so often...they just make me crazy!! :pardon:

Eve

10. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

I always said the only way I would have known if I was having twins (if not for the u/s) was if both babies had the hiccups at the same time. Well it was right around 26 weeks and it happened. They were hiccuping nearly at the same time, but in two different places. With my current pregnancy, this baby has them 3-5 times a day. And it's exactly what you described.

11. Meg102609

Meg102609 New Member

QUOTE(ktannor @ May 2 2009, 06:13 PM) [snapback]1297671[/snapback]
    Hi, Just curious to know how would one know if the babies have hiccups. What does it feel like? Because I feel something like a heart beat but it is like 2 seconds apart and it continues in that pattern for maybe 3-5 minutes.I'm not sure of what that really is.

That is most def. the Hiccups. lol. its the coolest feeling ever. Just not when u r trying to sleep:)