Baby Gear

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by murtygirl, Apr 27, 2010.

1. murtygirl

murtygirl Well-Known Member

Soo... at 16 weeks I am starting to see how fast I am growing and want to get things done within the next 10 weeks or so. What are you all getting in prep for your twins arrival??

I have one of everything already from my DD:
    pack n play
    swing
    bouncy seat
    crib
    bumbo
    boppy pillow
    high chair
    tummy time gym
    jumperoo

Was thinking about getting another bouncy seat and boppy pillow (for feeding both at the same time) and crib. Later down the road, wwe will prob need another highchair, and possible some other things. But what's your opinion??

2. chatongris

chatongris Well-Known Member

i am getting/have:
    2 travel size pack-n-plays for downstairs
    2 bouncers (to move about)
    1 travel swing (to move about)
    two small high chairs that attach to the table to conserve space
    one cradle until they outgrow it for our room
    one crib once they graduate from the cradle
    one crib divider if they start waking each other up
    an ez 2 nurse nursing pillow
    1 play gym for tummy time
    1 boppy for when my kids want to hold a twin and to assist with tummy time
    2 graco snugride carseats
    1 graco duoglider
    various baby carriers for in the house and when the stroller isnt a good choice

3. murtygirl

awesome! I have already purchased the babytrend navigator SBS jogger. It's the only one I can find that will hold infant carriers. I will probably also get the snap n go since it is fairly inexpensive. sounds like we have similar ideas, but i am bottle feeding, so i may need 2 boppies, from what i hear;) and i plan to have them sleep in their own rooms from the get go, so no cradle...

4. sheras2

sheras2 Well-Known Member

We haven't actually bought a lot yet but we've been working on the registry. We've ordered two cribs that are on the way but the other items that we will be getting:
    changing table
    crib mattresses
    bedding x 2
    crib mobile x 2
    pack n play - getting 2 hand me downs
    Arm's Reach co-sleeper
    swing
    BabyTrend Navigator stroller
    BabyTrend Snap N Go Stroller
    BabyTrend infant car seats x 2
    EZ 2 nurse pillow
    2 different playmats
    boppy x 2

5. JoellePotter

JoellePotter Well-Known Member

Just wanted to share what I got for my boys even though they're 9 months old now:

1 Arms Reach Cosleeper which we only used for 2 weeks until we moved them into their own room cause I couldn't sleep a bit with them in our room.

1 crib and they still share now, with no crib divider. They don't wake each other up even by kicking and screaming.

1 Pack N Play for the living room, but they hated it after about 4 months and it's only used once in a great while if we drop them at a friends house so we can go somewhere.

1 Crib Mobile

1 bouncer- they loved and used for naps a lot

1 travel swing- they loved and used for naps a lot

2 play mats that really never got any use.

2 boppy pillows for when I fed them separately or when hubby fed one.

1 EZ 2 Nurse twins- used while I breast fed the first 6 months after they got out of the NICU

1 Snap N Go double that we used forever, until about a month ago when I decided I didn't like it anymore cause the heavier they get, the harder it is to push, but would have lasted a few more months.

2 Chicco Keyfit 30's that they still fit in

2 A friend bought us to 2 Cosco Scenera Convertible carseats, but waiting to use those.

Then we have the Jeep Traveler Tandem, but I hate that stroller, so I'm going to sell it.

We just bought a Phil & Ted's Sport w/ Double Kits and LOVE, can hardly tell you're pushing a stroller.

I found it was much better to buy the minimal and see how it worked, if you needed more, etc then buy it if you did so you weren't blowing money on things you kids may not even want

6. murtygirl

I agree with your line of thinking... I have experience with my DD, but every baby is different. She loved her bouncy seat, and actually slept in it the first 4 months or so...that may be the only thing I start out with 2 of. Well, and carseats!! And I SOOO agree about not being able to sleep with new babies in the same room with me. With all the grunting and sweet little noises they make, I am puttign them in their own rooms off the bat!

7. kerina313

kerina313 Well-Known Member

I still had stuff from DD#1 - so I was lucky and didn't have to buy much.

I bought:

1 crib
    1 PNP (already had one) - we use it as a bassinet as well as a changing table. (so one upstairs one downstairs)
    1 carseat (already had one)
    1 boppy pillow (already had one)
    1 double stroller
    bottles/nipples/pacifiers (I'm going to try breastfeeding, but ready to pump or do formula if the need is there)

I already have one swing and one bouncy chair and exersaucer. I figure those things I can always buy later if the need is there. I'm re-using a lot of things I already have trying to save as much money as I can.

Another note - we're getting into yard sale season and there are usually a lot of baby things you can get fairly cheap and usually in a decent condition.

8. murtygirl

Yes!! I have found that yard sales and craigslist are great!!

9. mommyto3girls

mommyto3girls Well-Known Member

I found that I could not have made it without 2 swings. They loved them. Also I didn't get any bouncers. My older DD hated hers. Instead we got 2 of these. The girls loved them and my DH used them to feed them when he had the girls by himself. We used them until they were 3.