baby gates

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by smiley7, Oct 8, 2010.

1. smiley7

smiley7 Well-Known Member

So far i've gotten away with having a play-yard and matted area for Noah and Sophie. Lately though, i'm realizing that they are getting harder to contain in a small space and it's time to put a gate into their play area. It's a wide space and I haven't seem anything really great on the market, that has decent reviews.

If you have a wide opening in your home and are happy with your gate, please share!

Is it just me or are these things rather ugly and pricey :headbang: ??

2. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

Gates can be REALLY expensive. Try this one:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Regalo-Easy-Open-Baby-Gate/7812821

We have three and love them - $35 each! (fit openings up to 52 inches) Easy to install and we've had no problems. Okay, except that I'm a bit clumsy and it took me a few days to get used to stepping over the bar on the bottom! :laughing:

3. fmcquinn

fmcquinn Well-Known Member

We got ours at one step ahead. The playroom opening is eight feet. It's called tge Elongate. You might also want to check Petsmart. They make the same gates at a lower price.

4. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

this probably won't work for you as it only extends to 42.5" wide... but I love the Dream Baby gates!!

Walmart we got one at a fancy baby store for close to $100 dollar and then for the 2nd one we wanted I saw that Walmart.com carried it. I think Walmart is a great resource if they have the size you need.

I was apprehensive on getting one that just attached with tenion to the walls, but this gate is awesome! and I love the walk-through part of the gate.

good luck!

5. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I just bought 2 off of strollers.com, excellent site with great prices. I bought the Evenflo soft mesh gate. I priced them at Toys R Us and they were $100 each. I paid $126 for 2 with shipping and exchange into Canadian currency. Here is the link:

http://www.strollers.com/Evenflo-4491100-EVF1070.html