Baby Einstein Videos

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Beth*J, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

We've started letting the babies watch a little bit of Baby Einstein once in a while. So far they seem to love the Mozart one, but are not as enthused about the Monet one. Maybe they just weren't interested the day I was showing the Monet one. I guess I should try it again some time. Anyway, I was wondering if other people noticed their babies have a favorite one. If so, which ones do they like the best? We may want to get a few more in the future.

No debates, please. I know that the AAP recommends no TV before age 2. We are showing these in moderation.

Thanks.

2. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

I don't know what the heck the AAP is ..lol...my boys love Baby Einstein...They really like Baby Beethoven and Baby Noah.

Dianna

3. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Dianna @ Jul 30 2008, 07:29 PM) [snapback]905354[/snapback]
    I don't know what the heck the AAP is
    Dianna

The American Association of Pediatrics :)

4. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Some days Baby Einstein saves my sanity! (But we only use it in moderation too, which I think is why they do enjoy it.) My two love the Farm Animals (Or Neighborhood Animals? Can't remember the exact name) and Beethoven. I think I'm going to get a new one this week.

Either the one with sign language or the water one I think.
    (Sorry, I can't remember the names to them!)

5. ca2pa2005

ca2pa2005 Well-Known Member

My girls love the Baby McDonald one. We have only watched a couple and have lots more to go thru. I had bought a box collection of 24 DVDs for like $50. I didn't see the set on Amazon where I bought it but you can find it on Ebay if you search 'baby einstein 24' Here are all the DVDs included:

1. Baby Bach; Musical Adventure
    Introduction to classical music re-orchestrated just for your little one's ears. Visually stimulating.
    Features many of Bach's favorite compositions.
    1 month and onwards.

2. Baby Beethoven; Symphony of Fun
    An exciting musical adventure with brightly colored images, occasional surprises and fun loving puppets.
    1 month and onwards.

3. Baby Mozart; Music Festival
    1 month and onwards.

4. Baby Santa's Music Box
    Introduces your little one to the magical sounds and real world images of the holidays.
    1 month and onwards.

5. Language Nursery
    Exposes and entertains your little ones as they learn words in multiple languages.
    1 month and onwards.

6. My First Signs; See and Sign with Baby
    It's the perfect time for My First Signs, a playful introduction to 20 common words and phrases from baby's world - including "mommy," "daddy" and "I love you" - both spoken and in sign language.
    3 months and onwards.

7. Baby's First Moves
    Pilates Instructor Michelle Dozois shows you moves and stretches you can do while interacting with your little one.
    6 months and onwards.

8. World Animals
    Discover animals from the jungle, savannah and ocean.
    Features music from the 19th and early 20th centuries.
    6 months and onwards.

9. Baby Monet; Discovering the Seasons
    Discover the seasons, Spring, Summer, Winter, Autumn.
    6 months and onwards.

10. Neighborhood Animals
    Meet animals that live in and around the home.
    6 months and onwards.

11. Baby da Vinci; From Head to Toe .
    Baby’s first introduction to their eyes, ears, hands, feet and more.
    9 months and onwards.

12. Baby MacDonald; A Day on the Farm
    Tractors, corn fields, animals and more on this entertaining journey around the farm.
    9 months and onwards.

13. Baby Galileo; Discovering the Sky
    9 months and onwards.

14. Baby Neptune; Discovering Water
    Baby’s first introduction to water. A fun trip from the beach to the bath with
    9 months and onwards.

15. Baby Wordsworth; First Words Around the House
    Includes the music of Bach, Bizet and Schubert.
    9 months and onwards.

16. Baby Noah; Animal Expedition
    Exciting fun filled safari. A musical introduction to animals around the
    1 year and onwards.

17. Baby Newton; Discovering Shapes
    1 year and onwards.

18. Baby Shakespeare; World of Poetry
    Engages, little ones with nature and music as they are introduced to 12 common words with real world images.
    1 year and onwards.

19. Baby Van Gogh; World of Colors
    Exposes your baby to the wonder of color through Van Gogh's artwork.
    1 year and onwards.

20. Numbers Nursery
    A playful and interactive introduction to the numbers 1 through 5.
    1 year and onwards.

21. Baby Einstein On The Go; Riding, Sailing and Soaring
    A musical introduction to transportation and "things that go": cars, trains, boats, and more.
    1 year and onwards.

22. Meet the Orchestra; First Instruments

23. Baby's Favorite Places; First Words Around Town
    A playful, interactive introduction to first words from around town.
    1 year and onwards.

24. Discovering Shapes; Circles, Squares and More

6. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

The first sounds and neighborhood animals are their favorites. They also like Baby DaVinci alot too (except for the elephant noises, they scare DS). They watch a baby einstein every evening during the change into pj's, nightime bottle routine. They hate the lullaby and Baby Gallileo ones.

7. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

I wasn't planning on letting mine watch tv, but that went out hte window. I always have the tv on and they are always looking at it. Sigh. Then I got the Baby Signing Times dvd so we could start signing. They watch that every couple of days- plus it lets me actually COOK DINNER!!! I am getting a Baby Einstein dvd today. So, can't really help you on your original question :)

8. JessiePlus2

JessiePlus2 Well-Known Member

Mine love Baby Einstein! They didn't really show much interest in them until 9 months or so. Now, DS would watch it all day long if I let him.

Mine tend to like the ones that are geared towards babies a little younger than they are. (The 12 months+ videos don't seem to keep their attention as well as the others.) I don't know if they have a favorite, but here are the ones on our rotation.

Baby Bach
    Baby Mozart
    Baby's First Sounds
    Baby's First Shapes
    Neighborhood Animals
    Baby Santa's Music Box (DS gets scared at one point in this one, but I just distract him from that particular puppet.)
    My First Signs (I just got this one last week.)

Ones that we have that I don't regularly have them watch because they don't hold their interest.
    Language Nursery
    Baby Newton

9. jec34e

jec34e Well-Known Member

Mine "watch" Baby Bach. Really its only for like 5 minutes before they either fall asleep or lose interest.

10. jillangel

jillangel Well-Known Member

Baby da vinci Head to toe. They love it like crazy. Once in a while they like the animal sounds ones but the favorite always comes back to head and shoulders knees and toes.

11. babymOmmax2

babymOmmax2 Well-Known Member

ahh.. my twins LOVE baby einstein.. its my 1-2 hours of peace!!! id have to say.. baby bach is their favorite.. among mozart and beethoven

12. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

We only have one - it's the baby sign one. They boys LOVE it! And they actually have learned some of the signs (with me doing them along with the video and around the house, of course - they're not THAT smart!!).

13. caryanne07

caryanne07 Well-Known Member

Mine love Baby Neptune. And I actually really enjoy this one too. So it's on the most often. They also like Baby Beethoven and Mozart. I'm thinking of buying more also.

We mostly use them when they are getting their bottles. They are so distracted these days so if I put Baby Einstein on, they just focus on that and drink up! Works like a charm!

Cary

14. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Mine never really liked Baby Einstein before the age of one. But after that, they started watching the farm animal and neighborhood animal ones, and they still to this day love those.

15. *Sully*

*Sully* Well-Known Member

I guess I need to get some of these. I was going to a while ago, but didn't follow through.

I REALLY want to get some of "It's a Big Big World" on DVD. They LOVE that show and are riveted by Snook and the songs. We love it too! Great message, good songs and beautiful CGA layered on top of the puppets.

16. jjokitty

jjokitty Well-Known Member

QUOTE(caryanne07 @ Jul 31 2008, 07:06 AM) [snapback]905874[/snapback]
    We mostly use them when they are getting their bottles. They are so distracted these days so if I put Baby Einstein on, they just focus on that and drink up! Works like a charm!

That's what we do too. Mine like My First Signs and Baby MacDonald the best. They also enjoy Baby Neptune and Beethoven. There are a few scenes in My First Signs where Sophie always laughs, esp the one where the mama puppet is trying to feed the baby puppet and he is being difficult. So funny since she is the same way!

17. bstone716

bstone716 Well-Known Member

Mine LOVE Baby Bach and Baby Mozart. We've tried Baby's First Moves, which they're ambivalent about. They don't seem to like Baby Neptune too much. I want to get Baby daVinci and Baby Monet next...and Baby van Gogh too!

18. cole715

cole715 Well-Known Member

Mine love Baby Neptune and Baby Shakespeare.

19. snowmom

snowmom Well-Known Member

Charlotte like baby Galileo and Tyler likes the language DVD. I love them both, as it gives me some quiet time. Tyler also like the Youtube laughing babies videos. He giggles along with them.