Babies Coming Home Outfit

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by kacy79, May 12, 2009.

1. kacy79

kacy79 Active Member

Will a onsie make the babies belly button or circumcision uncomfortable? I had a hard time find premie outfits that were not onsies.

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

My two wore onesies everyday after we left the hosipital and it didn't irritate their belly button. :good:

3. audie522

audie522 Active Member

I don't think it will irritate the belly button. It will probably be the easiest thing for them to wear. I made the mistake of bringing the gowns and I hated them. Their legs are always coming out. Don't forget to bring atleast 2 outfits though. Good luck!

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

Yes, a onesie is fine. And I personally loved the gowns, especially for nighttime. Easy diaper changes.

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We had no problem with a onesie outfit when we took our little one's home. I agree with Becky, in those early days, I loved the gowns, very easy for the many diaper changes, especially overnight. Good luck!

6. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

We brought them home in onsies that had decorative fabric. Lily was in flowers and Max was in an alligator print. I put those onsies in their memory boxes. They look so tiny now -_- compared to what they are wearing now. We also had blankets in the car and the hospital gave us two extras just in case their tiny legs got cold. Once we were home they lived in onsies and romper outfits for the first three months.

7. Rach28

Rach28 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinLove @ May 12 2009, 02:32 PM) [snapback]1309962[/snapback]
    My two wore onesies everyday after we left the hosipital and it didn't irritate their belly button. :good:

Same here!

8. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Onesies and sleepers are perfect and much less hassle than "outfits" when they are so little!

But I suggest taking preemie AND newborn outfits. My babes came out at 7.2 and 6.4 lbs each, my little girl went straight to size 1 diapers and skipped newborn. But my little boy could probably have worn some preemie stuff for a few weeks :)