babies arrived!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by butterfly02, Oct 9, 2007.

1. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to let people know that we had our babies...we made it to 37 weeks 6 days.

We had a little girl: Kaylee Brianne, born Oct. 6 at 1202pm, weighing 7 lbz 1 oz and 19 inches long and our little boy: Wyatt Malcolm born at 12 15pm and weighing 5 lbs 5 oz and 18 inches long!

DH and I are so very happy!!!

On oct 4, I had a Dr. appointment and he stripped my membranes at that time, he thought that I would go into labour by friday as i was already 3 cm and 100% effaced. Nothing happened, so I was told that I would be booked for an induction on Tuesday after the long weekend.

Friday night I go to bed and at 320am I get up to go to the washroom and realized that my water was breaking ( I was surprised at how fast I made it off the bed...it stayed dry!!!) I get organized, turn on some lights, get DH up and we leave for the hospital.

At 410am, get to hospital, get assessed and I am still measuring 3 cm, but having nasty back labour. I am taken to the delivery room and given the epidural (heaven!!!!). At 7 am nurse came in to check me I had progressed to 4-5 cm. At 930 the doctor came in to introduce himself and checked me and I measured 9 cm :eek: (I was smiling and laughing and so relaxed....was amazed that i was 9 cm). At 1120, the took me to the OR and got prepared to the delivery...discussed breathing and what to expect) At 1140 I was able to start pushing. Kaylee came out with in 5 contractions and same with Wyatt.

I did get a 2nd degree tear, and I would say that was the worst part of everything. DH was amazing in the delivery...he counted and was on top of everything and was VERY calm.

Kaylee scored 8 and 9 on the apgar and has tons of hair, Wyatt scored 6 and 8 on the apgar...he was grunting so the cleaned out his lungs a bit and his o2 levels were a bit low so they took him to the nursery, and within 20 minutes his o2 was up and he was more pink. they kept hom in the nursery for 2-3 hours just for observations and then ha joined us in our room.

Breastfeeding is going rather well...at first it was rough...Wyatt likes the breast and has a very strong suction, but did not latch right so I got blisters rather quickly. Had a great nurse help me at first...gave me nipple shields for protection and some advice, then on monday a LC came in to see me and showed me more things and how to tandem feed. My milk is not in yet, but we have a good amount of colostrum, but our two are such piggies that I do not have enough yet to sustain them so we are supplementing. I am pumping after every feeding to build up the supply and DH is very supportive of this.

Things are getting much better everyday...we are tired but completely overjoyed with love!!!

I will try to post some pictures in the next few days!

Thankyou everyone for the support throughout the pregnancy, and those of you still waiting to deliver, all the discomfort and moodiness is well worth it in the end. Hang in there you are all soing an amazing job!!!!!

Christine :)

2. lynn

lynn Member

your story is so inspirational!! hang in there.

3. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

Oh that is so awesome!! Congrats!!

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Christine, congratulations on the arrival of your babies!!

5. prairiemom3

prairiemom3 Well-Known Member

Yay Christine!!! You did a great job and congratulations on your little piggies! :D

6. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Congratulations! If you need any support or advice in the breastfeeding part, please come visit the bf forum! You are very blessed!

7. becky5

becky5 Guest

Congratulations!

8. caryanne07

caryanne07 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the arrival of your little ones!

9. Anne2571

Anne2571 Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Christine!! You poor thing with that 2nd degree tear ... I have no idea how painful that is but it can't be pleasant. I'm so happy to hear that voth babies are doing so well. Take care!!

10. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

[SIZE=24pt] :a_smil09: CONGRATULATIONS! :banana: [/SIZE]

I have been thinking about you. I had not seen you around and wondered if your sweet babies had arrived! I am so so happy to hear that everything has gone so well. I cant wait to see pictures. Please send some soon! I look forward to seeing you now in the first year!

11. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Christine,

Congratulations to you and your family on your new editions! I'm glad everything went so well; you really hung in there!

We'll see you on FY!

12. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Congrats on your new babies. Great birth story!

13. asahlin

asahlin Well-Known Member

:Clap: :bow2: :yahoo: :banana: :a_smil09:

14. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

Congrats om your babies!

15. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Congratulations :birthday: !! Thanks for the encouragement :) .

16. nepolm

nepolm Well-Known Member

Congratulations and thanks for the words of encouragement!

17. Shasta

Shasta Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

18. belinda07

belinda07 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I cant wait to see some pics. Thanks also for your words of encouragement for the rest of us :)

19. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I am glad eveything went so well for you x

20. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Wow, what a great birth story!!! Sounds like everyone is doing well. Take care and try to get some rest when you can. Congrats on your babies and for keeping them in so long!

21. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations on your babies!!

22. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

what a lovely birth story! Congratulations on your babies!

23. pgwithtwins

pgwithtwins Well-Known Member

congratulations and thanks for sharing your story! Makes it all sound possible! :)

24. *Sully*

*Sully* Well-Known Member

Wow Mom! You are doing a fantastic job!! Congrats!! I hope I can do so well. :)

25. Mama Bear

Mama Bear Active Member

Congratulations!!!! Welcome little babies!!! :D

26. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

:birthday: Kaylee :birthday: Wyatt

Way to go, momma!

27. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

congrats Christine!!!! I know towards the end you were so anxious to have them and I am so glad everything went so smoothly. What great weights too! The names are adorable. Can't wait to see pics. See you in FY

28. stacyw

stacyw Well-Known Member

Congratulations and welcome to first year! :wavey:

29. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

Congrats- beautiful story! Enjoy your babies!!

30. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!