Babies are massive!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ANGEL_80, Jun 8, 2010.

1. ANGEL_80

ANGEL_80 Member

33 weeks today - babies are 5lbs 4oz and 5lbs 9oz each!! OB had to do measurements twice to make sure it was correct!! I am so proud they are growing so, so well and not too much of a discordance in their weights.
    Due to have c-section at 36+6 - what does everyone think of the possibility I will make it that far??

2. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

I would caution you that those weights are not necessarily accurate ... my babies had healthy ultrasound weights from week to week with a final guesstimate being 6 lbs. 10 oz. for A and 6 lbs. 12 oz. for B. They were actually 5 lbs. even and 6 lbs. 11 oz. Very experienced high-risk OB personally doing all my ultrasounds on good machines, etc.

Good luck making it to the end!

3. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I agree with the previous post. The weights could be off by a lb. MIne were. My last U/S showed no discordance in weights where there had been my whole pregnancy by a lb. It showed both babies being around 6lbs each, where in fact baby A was 6lbs 9 oz and baby B was 5lbs 2oz. They were born at 37 weeks.

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree that u/s weights can be off, but even if they are off a little they are still good weights. :good: If you don't have any complications in the next few weeks then there is no reason you won't make it to your c-section date. :)

5. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with Amy, even if the weights are off by a pound they are still really good weights!!
    I do hope you make to your scheduled delivery date!! good luck!! :woo:

6. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

No reason that you won't make it to your C date! I had mine at 38 weeks and 2 days with 15 lbs 8 oz of baby in me, and was nowhere near going into labour as far as my OB could tell. We were waiting to go natural, but in the end I chose caesarean over induction since I wasn't dilated at all yet.