awake-nap-bedtime questions

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Jun 16, 2012.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

what time do your 3 year olds wake, nap and go to bed?

just looking to see what is 'logical' for my expectations for them as far as intervals go.
    when I'm working we wake at 6, nap at 12 - 2 and go to sleep at around 8.

thats changing now that I'm not working so i am looking for advice.

they still need naps, too.

2. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

Mine wake between 8 and 8:30 most days, nap from 1:30-3:30 and go to bed around 8:30 but realistically fall asleep around 9-9:15

3. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

I wish I could get my kids to still nap!! In the last week, they have only napped once, and that only for an hour. When they don't nap, it is 7am wake and 7:45pm bed.

When they DO nap (up until last week), it's usually more like 6:30am wake, nap 1pm-2:30ish, and bed at 8pm. The days are sooooo long when they don't nap. I'm hoping this week has just been a funky phase. I'm not ready for them to stop napping and they are very grouchy when they don't.

4. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

Our boys wake up between 6:30am and 7am. Then they nap for about 90 minutes somewhere between 1pm and 3pm. Then we leave their bedroom at 8pm and they are usually asleep around 8:30pm, but sometimes not until 9pm. So they get about 12 hours of total sleep time a day.

5. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

My current three year old (Ethan) wakes around 6.30-7, naps for an hour starting any time between 12.30 and 1.30 (depends what we are doing in the morning) and goes to bed around 7.30-8. We just recently started limiting the naps to an hour-a couple of months ago they were 2 hours-because they were impacting on bedtime, and I'll skip the nap if we are out or if I can't get him down by 1.30. When Eleanor was three we had the same basic schedule but she had a two hour nap.

My twins had stopped napping before they were three.

6. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

My boys wake between 6-6:30, nap at 1:00 until 2:30-3, and get ready for bed around 8:30.