Avent bottles

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by iluvpugs44109, Dec 19, 2007.

1. iluvpugs44109

iluvpugs44109 Well-Known Member

My 3 month olds are still on #1 nipples. They don't act like they need the faster nipple yet. Maybe I shouldn't be concerned but I am wondering because the #3 nipples can start at age 3+ months and they aren't even on a #2. Should I worry?

2. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

Mine are still on the first nipple too, but they very rarely get bottles so I am in no hurry to go buy new nipples. :)

3. mrsmoon

mrsmoon Well-Known Member

My DD is still on #1. If I give her #2 she makes a mess and acts like she is choking on it. DS uses #1 also but he is breastfed and only gets a bottle very rarely. I think it is fine to still be on #1.

4. HT

HT Well-Known Member

My twins are 9 months and I've never switched nipples on their Avent bottles. They drink just fine so I have no plans on spending the money on new ones especially since I've started giving them sipping cups.

5. kelly_nicole

kelly_nicole Well-Known Member

Mine are still on the number 1's. I didn't even think about that until i read this post and jumped up to look at the nipples! It's amazing how fried my brain is! I'm bfing though, so unless my mom is here they don't drink bottles.

6. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

Mine used number ones until they were a month old and then we were stuck at number 2 until they were over 7 months! Don't worry, your babies will tell you when they're ready. I switched from 2s to 4s because my babies were so distractible during feedings that I only had about 5 minutes to get some milk into them - I had to hurry!

7. sarat

sarat Active Member

You'll know when they're ready. We didn't move up to #2's for a long time but then only used them for about a month! They'll be distracted and start taking less out of the bottle, or at least mine were! I also read somewhere that if your baby is spitting up a lot, you might need to go up a nipple flow. Something about sucking so hard and getting in too much air can make them up chuck a bunch.