Aunt Jemima Pancake/Waffle mix

Discussion in 'General' started by AWerner, Mar 8, 2008.

1. AWerner

AWerner Well-Known Member

This was posted on another forum I am on, so I copied pasted here for all us TSers

Aunt Jemima Pancake and Waffle Mixes Recalled
    Potential salmonella contamination in product
    The Editors at HealthDay

Potential salmonella contamination has prompted the recall of some batches of Aunt Jemima pancake and waffle mixes, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said Tuesday.

Salmonella can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, the elderly and others with weakened immune systems. In healthy people, salmonella infection can cause fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. No illnesses have been reported in connection with the recalled products, made by the Quaker Oats Co.

The recall includes 2- and 5-pound boxes of pancake and waffle mix with Best Before dates of FEB 08 09 H through FEB 16 09 H stamped on the top, and with the following UPC codes:

30000 43272: Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Complete, 5 lb.
    30000 05040: Aunt Jemima Original, 2 lb.
    30000 05070: Aunt Jemima Original Complete, 2 lb.
    30000 05300: Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Compete, 2 lb.
    Consumers with these products should return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. For more information, phone Quaker at 1-800-407-2247.

2. mylife

mylife Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness....I just bought this, too!! Thank you!!

3. jennyj

jennyj Well-Known Member

yep we had a box a few weeks ago when the recall came out and it was half gone... from walmart.... and that was the first box of name bran I had bought in years guess we are going back the the aldi kind