Asking for food all the time

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Fran27, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

My kids ask for food (or should I say, whine for food) every 20 minutes. They have breakfast... one hour later they want a snack. I tell them to wait for lunch. They don't eat much lunch, and 20 minutes later ask for a snack, which they're not getting. About 2 hours later, after a lot of 'not yet', they get something, then they whine again 2 hours later, I tell them to wait for dinner, then they have two bites at dinner.

<_<

Any tip? I've always been told that eventually they'll get it and will eat when there's food available, but it's not happening...

2. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

My rule is any snacks that r within about 1hr of supper r vegetables. So I don't mine If they fill up on veggies. My snacks r usually similar to our meals as well so there is no incentive in our house to have snacks over meals. Could this be what is going on for you guys?

3. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

Hmm... my only thought would be to give them whatever they didn't eat at the designated mealtime as a snack, reheated and whatnot... maybe they like snack foods better and so are just playing you? Did that make sense?

4. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Can't, the dog eats it LOL

5. ddancerd1

don't give it to the dog! lol if the kids don't want to eat it, save it for them for later!

6. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I don't... he just usually helps himself (the table the kid eat at is low) or the kids give it to them (I usually do other things while they eat so I'm usually not in the room to supervise).

7. ddancerd1

maybe you should hang out with them while they eat... make sure the dog doesn't get any... encourage them to keep eating...?