Are you wearing a belly support belt or the cradle that goes over your shoulders too?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kitkat72783, Feb 17, 2009.

1. kitkat72783

kitkat72783 Well-Known Member

I dont want to buy both if I dont have to but will if its necessary. Wich do you think is better? Do I need both?

2. mkcondrey

mkcondrey Well-Known Member

QUOTE(kitkat72783 @ Feb 17 2009, 10:03 AM) [snapback]1192948[/snapback]
    I dont want to buy both if I dont have to but will if its necessary. Wich do you think is better? Do I need both?

I wear the support belt that has the strap that goes over top of my belly. I often don't wear the strap, though, because it irritates my skin a little. But, the belt has been a lifesaver for me. It is the only way I can stay comfortable while sitting. My only complaint is that you pretty much have to wear a t-shirt or thin layer under it or it will itch and irritate your skin like crazy. Also, it is difficult to wear it without it being noticeable. Right now I am 24 weeks and don't feel the need to wear it when I am outside the house (I work from home). But, I do wear it ALL the time when I am home.

3. Little June Bug

Little June Bug Well-Known Member

I am picking up the one with the over the belly strap. I found it on Kijiji for a fraction of the price and cannot wait to try it out. My back and sides are always pulled and by the end of day, I'm in pain. I need something, otherwise I"ll be lying down for most of the day due to the weight.

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am having really bad rib pain, my muscle on my left rib cage is seperating from the ribs, and my ob just recommended a belt that goes over the shoulders. But at 36 wks I'm not willing to shell out the money, with my luck the babies would come before it got shipped here! :p

But if I was earlier on in the pregnancy, and knew what I know now, I would get something for sure! I am ALL belly and I have so many sore muscles from carrying this huge weight in front! :(

5. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

I've been wearing one that goes under my belly only from Motherhood Maternity and it's a life saver. I'm only at 26 weeks, so I don't know if I will need more support later on, but for now, this one is working great! I feel tons better!

6. oh-baby-baby

oh-baby-baby Well-Known Member

I have the one that goes over the tummy. I thought the one with the over-the-shoulder straps looked like I was going bungee jumping :lol: . Like pp said, I have to wear a shirt under it for it to stay comfy and not rub aginst my skin...but I cam say that I am happy with it...it has helped out alot since Ive gotten it. good luck!

7. carrie_c_w

carrie_c_w New Member

I have the one without the over the shoulder straps. I got it at a specialty maternity store. They said it was the one they recommended for multiples. It has a real wide back support. It didn't come with a belly strap, i don't think. If so, i don't use it. It has helped tremendously with lower and mid back pain. I have some pelvic pain in the straight joint on the back of my pelvis. I had hoped this belt would help and it has some. I ditto the need to wear a cami under your shirt. The velcro is too wide for the front and so it folds in half upward and snags on pants that come up over the belly. It also is bulky under clothes, but I wear it all the time - at home and out - otherwise my back is killing me in less than an hour. I am 24 weeks today and I've been wearing this belt for about three weeks.

8. Angelsamb

Angelsamb Well-Known Member

I too have the under the belly one from Motherhood Maternity and I don't need it everyday yet. It has helped a lot. I tried the over the belly one but I didn't feel much difference. I also wear support hose, and that helps a lot too!

9. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

I never had one with the twins but now with my singleton someone gave me the belly strap that goes under the belly and I love it !!!!! I wish I had this for the girls. It gives so much support. My mom told me that in the old days they would attach two cloth diapers together and wrap around their waste. I did this and ended up looking like a sumo wrestler when I was naked !!! too funny.

Heather