Are Pampers Baby Fresh wipes okay to use on newborns?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by msamoyedny, Jul 30, 2008.

1. msamoyedny

msamoyedny Well-Known Member

For my singleton I was very strict about only using pampers sensitive wipes. They used them in the hospital and didn't have any fragrance. Now here is my dilema-my brother was really sweet and sent me 4 CASES of Pampers Baby Fresh wipes (that is over 3,000 wipes!). He bought them on amazon so shipping them back would cost too much. I can't find any stores that carry 770 count cases to get merchandise credit. So, do you think it will be okay to use them on the twins? Anybody use these?

2. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Well, crack one open when they get here and see if it bothers them. :pardon: Most babies don't have sensitive skin contrary to what detergent and baby product companies would like you to believe. If it does bother their skin then you can save them until they're toddlers and have less sensitive tushies.

3. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

I agree with pp. I would try them and see how their skin reacts to it. If so, you can save them for later or give them away.

4. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

You can try and see. I didn't want to use anything w/ fragrance though. You WILL go through a lot of wipes though, so if you do have to save them till later, it won't be a big deal. I think I go through 1 individual pack every day or day and a half.

5. foppa2102

foppa2102 Well-Known Member

i have been using scented wipes, like huggies with shea butter, huggies with lavender/chamomile, and pampers with lavender/chamomile and my girls tolerate them all without any problems. i tried the unscented 'sensitive' wipes and didnt care for them... they were pretty thin and i myself like a little scent... lol. really the shea butter ones are my fave. but i was pleasantly surprised that my babies' bottoms were not as sensitive as i expected, they've tolerated all wipes and diapers without incident. good luck, what a great gift!
    amy

6. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

That is an awesome gift! I second the try it and see - you might be surprised.

7. msamoyedny

msamoyedny Well-Known Member

Thanks! It was such a great gift, that it would be a shame to not use them. I think I'll give it a try, but have a few packages of sensitive ones on hand just in case.

8. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

My girls never had an senstivities. I'd try it out!

9. april mcdaniel

april mcdaniel Well-Known Member

I used the sensitive ones on my 1st son because he had VERY sensitive skin and also had eczema! When the twins came I tried other on them that were cheaper. Mason done fine with them, but they irritated Gracie. Just try them and see--If they hurt them send them to me--HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA--lol :rotflmbo: Just joking!!

GOD BLESS

10. jschiess

jschiess Well-Known Member

We never used the sensitive ones unless they had diaper rash (only happened a couple of times). Go for it!!

11. Vero

Vero Well-Known Member

What a great gift! I would definitely give it a try. I actually received lots of scented wipes for my Baby Shower and used them on the girls and neither of them had a problem with the wipes. Give it a try. :D

12. avd1995

avd1995 Well-Known Member

You could use them in your diaper bag, for dirty hands or to clean
    a table or high chair in a restaraunt.