Are overnight pullups worth it?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Danibell, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

As in, did you use them and notice a marked difference in how much they held??

My ds still isn't pt'd, and nowhere close to nighttime pt'd. He's now started soaking through the regular pullups, I can't go up a size, i already did that and they are a bit too big as it is ;) I'm debating whether to try the nighttime pullups. I have to do something, him waking up soaking wet 4/7 mornings a week isn't good.

2. mummy2two

mummy2two Well-Known Member

Why not just go with overnight diapers instead? I found they were able to absorb more. I have heard from others here (THANK YOU) of using a pad. We have now just started going with overnight pull ups because DS refuses to wear "diapers."

3. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

I totally think Huggies Overnight pullups are are worth it. They are more expensive than diapers, but I think they hold more. And since I'm only using 2 overnight pullups a night I don't mind spending the $25 a month or whatever it ends up being.

Yesterday Target had their Huggies Overnights on sale. They were the smaller 24 packs for $9 each (the 48 packs are usually $20), and by buying 3 packs I got a $5 off gift card. And I also had a coupon for $3 off 2 packs of Huggies printed out from Target's website. If I'm doing my math right that's 72 pullups for $19, or about 26 cents for each pullup. I'm willing to pay a little over 50 cent per night to not have to deal with wet sheets :) Of course, my boys may not pee as much at night as yours do. But Huggies Pullups do the trick for us, and I'm nowhere near ready to give them up.

4. Danibell

mummy2two he won't wear diapers, he's been out of them for several months now and I'm sure he won't go back to them ;) He wears underwear during the day, just has a few accidents every day still. But, especially since his sis is completely day and night potty trained, I know he won't go back to diapers ;)

I thought about trying a pad but I don't know how comfy that is for them either.

vtlakey I know what you mean about not minding the price, I only have one in pullups so a pack lasts me...well at 1 a night it lasts a long time! ;) I think I'll try the overnight ones for him. I may have to try limiting his after supper drinking too.....we'll see how the overnight pullups work first ;)

5. mummy2two

mummy2two Well-Known Member

:sorry: Yes, then try the pullups. We use the Goodnights. He only leaked once I think that was due to operator error (DH didn't put them on correctly). GL!

6. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

We have SuperUndies. We used both the daytime and night ones.

They 'look' like undies, but are as absorbent as a cloth diaper!

We had to exchange for a different size and their customer services is FABULOUS!

Yes, they are pricey-- but there are coupon codes floating around and DH and I figured that it was the cost of 2 months worth of Pull ups!

7. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Huggies Overnights here too. I have one DD who still isn't dry at night (at almost 7 -- sigh). We tried other overnight diapers and/or pullups (both daytime and overnight) and the Huggies Overnights were the only ones that didn't leak for us.

My nephew, who was a very heavy wetter until he started being dry around age 4, would use Huggies Overnights with an extra absorbent pad inside. That's the only way they could avoid leaks.

I tried Goodnights, but even the smallest size was too loose (granted that was at least 2 years ago) and they leaked.

8. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I heard that overnight pull ups are worth it... Honestly we just use diapers (baby dry, we've never had leaks with them in 2 years), it's just so much cheaper and my kids really can't tell the difference anyway.

9. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

You didn't say how big your DS is, but I just started using Underjams on my boys. The Huggies Overnites worked great BUT they were starting to resist being in diapers at night since they aren't in diapers during the day anymore, and they were getting a bit tight on the bigger of my boys anyway.

I tried both regular and overnite pull-ups, and they would soak through by morning. With the Underjams, they have been doing okay as long as I make sure they don't drink too much at bedtime, they go potty right before bed, AND I have to make sure the waist band of their pajama pants is below the top of the Underjam so that the pants don't pull it down at night (I had to do the same thing with the overnite diapers with the diaper above the waistband - not sure if that is a problem for everyone, or just my kids and the way they move around at night).

The Underjams large box is the same price at Target as the large box of Huggies Overnites, so switching didn't increase my costs any.

10. Danibell

Those Superundies look cool, but there's no way i could justify spending $30 per pair! ;) These are my last kids...if they were my first and would be getting lots of use, maybe! :lol:

My little man is super skinny, tall and lanky, so I'll have to check the weight ratings on the Underjams. I'm guessing they might be too big yet, Liam can still squeeze into size 24 month shorts. But he needs 4T pants for the length, I have to cinch them up as tight as they will go, and sometimes put a belt on him! ;)

He's been wearing this same size pullups for about 6 months now with no leaks so I'm guessing he's just outpeeing what the pullup can hold now. He drinks and drinks and drinks all day long, not just before bed. I've already talked to the dr about it and he's not drinking enough to worry about diabetes or anything, but he definitely drinks more than his sis does.

I'm going to try to limit drinks after supper and try a small pack of the overnights i guess and see if they hold better!

Thanks all! :D