apparently I have bad taste

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by ~ilyse~, Oct 11, 2007.

1. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

I posted earlier on how I made my babies throw up today. So I went to bed like I said and dh came home with brother-in-law and of course I got woken up. I showed them both the dress that I had a hard time finding something that met what I was looking for and I thought was so cute for dd for her birthday party and they both hated it. It would be nice if dh liked it but I feel even worse because bil is in the fashion industry so it really hurts that he didn't like it. I am going to try to attach a picture of it or at least a link. Someone, anyone, please tell me they like it (even if you have to lie lol) It is hard to tell from the picture but it is navy blue and pink. Ds is going to be wearing kakhis, a blue button down and a navy print sweater vest.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/pebles16/Picture4.png

2. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

DD1 and I think it's adorable! She's here awwwing over the photo. They are wrong :p

3. vweaver

vweaver Well-Known Member

I think it is adorable!! In fact, my two older DD wore the exact same dress and they loved it. What little girl doesn't look cute with ballet slippers - in fact, both of my older DD take ballet now. I think it is really cute!!!

4. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

Your dd will look like a perfect angel in that dress! I don't care what industry your BIL is in---little girls look cute in everything!! I think you did a great job picking it out. I hope the birthday party is lots of fun!

Reyna

5. Disney747

Disney747 Well-Known Member

Ok sorry, but not my favorite dress. I think you could find something better for a first bday party. Sorry, just my humble opinion.

6. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

It is so cute I cant even stand it! I truly like it!

7. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

I genuinely think it's adorable!! Don't worry with what they think :)

eta...it would be super cute with pink tights!! i'm sure you already thought of that, but that's the kinda stuff silly boys don't think of :p

8. takeluck

takeluck Well-Known Member

Guess what? I own 3 dresses that look almost exactly like that (except that they are black and not navy). All of them were gifts and whenever we're seen out in them, they get compliments from EVERYONE. All 3 of the dresses came from different sources, too, so a TON of people must be liking the dress. People always ask me where we got the dress.

Honestly, I think it matters a rat's a** that your BIL is in fashion. Fashion and clothing are about what you enjoy wearing and what looks good on you. PERIOD. Of course the dress is going to look good on your DD (anything does at that age!) and you just need the confidence in yourself that you like the dress. You'll get a ton of compliments on it, I promise. Besides, people in "fashion" would dress your dd in something that's fashionable right now and honestly, I don't like that trend! Babies and kids should be dressed like babies and kids! Not like Lindsay Lohan or the Olsen twins! When else in life can you wear jumpers that look like lions and hoods that look like a big sunflower??

My DH for the record isn't gaga over the dress either. Too "girly" or something. I'm sure that deep within himself, your dh really doesn't care WHAT your dd is wearing, just like my dh.

9. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

I like it too.... I would put one of my DDs in it for a pic!! Men dont always know how to dress lil baby girls... fashion industry or not.

10. AimeeS

AimeeS Well-Known Member

Soooo cute!!! They're men, what do they know???

11. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Who cares what anyone else thinks? You get to dress your babies however you want! It's the least you deserve for all the hard work of motherhood. :)

12. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

So cute Ilyse! Plus it looks like something she will be comfy in during the party. -Leighann

13. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I think it's adorable! My girls had a similar dress at 9 months (with ballet slippers embroidered on it) and have another for 18 (with flowers, similar to yours). I attached a pic of them in their dress. It will look super cute on your dd.

View attachment 1412

14. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:eek: That dress is soooo cute! I love it!! I'm sorry they don't like it, but it's adorable. I hope you give it to her anyway and take pics, she is going to look so cute!

15. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

it is very cute.

I have learnt not to ask my DH opinion on stuff also not to take him shopping for the girls or let him go shopping as he buys things that I would never put on them.

16. NatalieK

NatalieK Well-Known Member

What is wrong with that dress??? It's adorable! Personally I love it. I don't know what your BIL is thinking. What does he want her to wear? (not that it matters what he thinks).

17. kim j

kim j Well-Known Member

Very cute!!! Men do not know what they are talking about - especially when it comes to fashion - I agree with the pink tight idea too. I love the ballet slippers - very dainty and perfect for a birthday!!

18. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

I love it too! put her in it with pride Mommy! you did very good!!!!

Enjoy their birthday! It only comes once

Missy

19. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

To be honest, it isn't my favorite. But that's probably b/c I have a weird thing about collars. :huh: I do think it's cute, though. Did they say if there was something specific they didn't like?

My dh isn't too picky about what the kids wear, but last Easter he hated the sweater vest I bought for ds. I still think he's crazy, it was adorable !! I have actually seen dh dress my son in hawaiian print swimming shorts with a completely different hawaiian print shirt......and say, "What??? They're both Hawaiian!" :rolleyes:

If he truly hates it, is there time to find something you both like? At least with us, sometimes my dh feels left out b/c I always pick out the kids clothes (for good reason, but I don't want to hurt his feelings :) ) ..... but it makes him feel better when I don't make all the clothing decisions.