Anyone use the Baby Human "play and learn" spoon?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by jromkey, Feb 21, 2010.

1. jromkey

jromkey Well-Known Member

My LOs are approaching the solids stage and I am preparing for it by getting some products I hope will help them transition eventually to self-feeding. I came across an interesting looking product called the Baby Human Play and Learn spoon. Just wondering if anyone has used this spoon and what they think of it. TIA for your feedback!

2. rebekahj

rebekahj Well-Known Member

Never seen that before. Pretty interesting looking, at least. :) My boys just enjoy playing with regular spoons.

3. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

Those look pretty cool! I like that they have those "gag guards." We stopped giving our boys a spoon to hold because they always wanted to cram it down their throat. If we give them anything to hold while they eat they try to insert it into their mouth, which just gets in the way of feeding! I do like the looks of those though. I may have to try them out. Of course, I am the worst for buying stuff and then never using it (Podee bottle system and Boon spoons are case in point!).

4. jromkey

jromkey Well-Known Member

The gag guards are one of the features I really liked the look of - I think I may go ahead and give them a try. They are only about $10 and you get two in a pack (convenient for twins)!

I looked at those Boon spoons too but after reading some reviews on Amazon.com thought they wouldn't be worth it. I plan on making most of my own baby food and reviewers said that unless the food was super finely pureed it would get stuck in the spoon.