Anyone highlight or color your hair?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by momotwinsmom, Oct 15, 2007.

1. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Was thinking about having my highlights done again. Just wondering if you have had it done or not.

2. GirliesGalore

GirliesGalore Well-Known Member

Yep, and I was actually about 12 weeks when I had my hair highlighted. I asked my dr. about it and she said that it would be fine...especially by 12 weeks.

3. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I did mine throughout both of my pregnancies.

4. pink and blue mom

pink and blue mom Well-Known Member

I am a highlighting queen. I did it every 6 weeks throughout my pregnancy!

5. New Mom

New Mom Well-Known Member

I didn't dye my hair at all during pregnancy. I found it easier to let it be until I was feeling better and done being pregnant. I know lots of people that have and they haven't had any problems.

6. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I dyed mine twice during this pregnancy. My OB actually noticed and called me blondie all the time :)

7. Sweet Mary Sunshine

Sweet Mary Sunshine Well-Known Member

I got the ok from my OB, so I do highlights/lowlights every 8 weeks. And I give myself a manicure each week - sure helps from feeling so "squishy-looking."

8. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

I didnt do anything coloring when I was pregnant with my twins, it was just to umcomfortable to sit in the chair or lean in a sink. I color my hair faithfully now, I will probably still go, but wait until after my 1 st trimester and not do as much. Only incase it doesnt take as well because of the hormones, they can affect the way the color takes.

9. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

I had mine partially (not full, just the top half, I guess) highlighted during my pregnancy with the twins. I think it was done twice, but only after the 1st trimester. My OB said it was fine and honestly it really boosted my self-esteem to have it done during pregnancy. I just felt so frumpy!

10. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

I'm planning on doing it as soon as I'm out of my first trimester. I can't wait because I need it badly!

11. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

I color mine and sometimes highlight it all of the time myself....it's ok as long as the fumes aren't too strong.

12. axpan

axpan Well-Known Member

I'm so glad you posted this and I see many ladies do highlight and color. I've been thinking about it and was too scared. I won't even paint my nails I'm so scared. I feel braver already!! :D

13. Eyler07

Eyler07 Well-Known Member

my old ob told me that it would be fine to so and that now the chemicals arent even strong enough to hurt anything - the only precaution is b/c of the smell and it making women in their first trimester sick. I dont know how true that is but i did mine with the boys.

amanda