Anyone else's twins measuring big?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by slr814, Dec 11, 2008.

1. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

I just had a growth check u/s today, and both of my twins were measuring about two weeks ahead. (my boy is a little behind my girl) Although I'm thrilled that they are growing so well, I'm also thinking, Man!, I'm 31 weeks and already carrying over 9 lbs of baby; what's it going to be like at 37-38 wks? I'm not a big person, and I'm hoping that their size doesn't push me into preterm labor. They were also measuring big at 29 wks, but my Dr said that their weights would probably even out as I got farther along. I thought that they probably had since my tummy wasn't growing that much anymore. I guess they're just getting really cramped. I could see them kicking each other on the u/s. :lol:

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

My two were always big and measured ahead. But it did slow down the further along I got. :good: Try not to worry about it to much and keep on cooking those babies!! :Clap:

3. sarawoodside

sarawoodside Well-Known Member

I measured big with my boys. When we found out they didnt say that it was just me measuring big I just thought that my due date was different. LOL I know not very smart LOL But over all I think that a lot of people do that even with singles. Every baby's head grows different.

4. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

Mine were generally within 5% of the 50th percentile up until my 33w appt. At that point, Baby A measured 5lb2oz--a week ahead, 68th percentile if I read the chart right--and B measured 4lb7oz--a week behind, and I think 22nd percentile. So that's one big baby at least. ;) Hoping they've evened out a little this week.

5. dallasm

dallasm Well-Known Member

My babies seem to be on the same growth as yours! I found this website that has the growh rate of babies and the percentiles and what to look forward too! I was worried at first too but when looking at the curve the babies shouldnt be too big! They are actually in line with my other two boys. Twins deliver earlier so I dont think we will be delivering whoppers at 38 weeks! Just healthy babes! and if the arrive before then they will be healthy!!
    http://www.aafp.org/afp/980800ap/peleg.html

6. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

Mine measured 4lbs5oz and 4lbs6oz at 30 weeks and lower 6lbs range at 34 weeks. They were close to 8lbs a piece at 38w2d (scheduled induction). So all estimates turned out to be correct!

7. boog9902

boog9902 Well-Known Member

How much should the babies grow a week does anyone know?

8. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(boog9902 @ Dec 12 2008, 09:26 PM) [snapback]1109030[/snapback]
    How much should the babies grow a week does anyone know?

Hmmm... Good question. I'd be curious to find that out too.

9. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

Mine were a little less than a pound per week ... but they were above average.

10. DebDai

DebDai Well-Known Member

Mine did. They were both meaasuring 3 weeks bigger than they should have. They were born on the bigger side too. 6.8 an 5.11 which was only a few ounces off from the est. the day before they were born at 36 weeks.

11. dallasm

dallasm Well-Known Member

Check that link i posted above to get an estimation of how big they grow in utero by how many weeks you are. I used my previous weightsat 28 weeks and looked along that curve. it remained the same curve of growth by the last scan.then you can guesstimate how big they will be when u deliver.