Anyone else have Vertigo problems?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by christy.fisher, Sep 17, 2009.

1. christy.fisher

christy.fisher Well-Known Member

My ears have been feeling funny for a few days and I've been getting dizzy spells. Obviously, I don't want to be falling down all over the place while pregnant, or otherwise.

Anybody else having or have had this problem? I just feel like crap in general these days anyway but this could be dangerous if I fell.

Speaking of feeling crappy, my sister's co-worker is 21 weeks pregnant with a singleton and just walked/ran in a half marathon! Her doctor told her it was ok as along as she listened to her body. I feel like such a wuss. I sit around feeling poopy everyday and she's doing half marathons.

2. damonsmummy

damonsmummy Well-Known Member

I had really bad dizzy spells to the point I was almost fainting. Things would start to go blurry and black and I would start sweating even if it was cold. I usually just went and sat down. It usually only happened at work. Only once I actually fainted while walking to the store. My doctor decided it was time for me to go on medical leave from work and it pretty much stopped. I noticed it was only if I was overdoing and working, running after a 5 year old and doing the day to day stuff was just too much. Now I can rest if I need to and it works.
    Talk to your doctor about it and see what they say.

3. leahkatebrown

leahkatebrown Well-Known Member

I have no advice about the vertigo, that's one thing I haven't had to deal with - who knew, seems like I have every weird thing! But I wanted to say do NOT feel like a wuss...I say that a lot too, but really it is so impossible to compare ourselves in any way to mothers of singletons. I mean, twice as much weight, that's not a small thing! As we get farther and farther along more of the uncomfortable side effects are driven by size/weight, so we just get more of them and get them worse. Not fun, but definitely the way it is! So hang in there. :)

4. christy.fisher

christy.fisher Well-Known Member

Thank you! My dizzy spells seems to happen at work, too, for the most part. I get it a lot in the bathroom.

And yes, everyone is different. I shouldn't let that bother me!

5. Meg_Meg

Meg_Meg Well-Known Member

Hi! I have been having the same spells with my world going black as well. I am a stay at home mom running after a 31 month old all day. I talked to my ob about it yesterday and she thinks I may not be getting enough protein. She suggested I eat some cheese/peanut butter/handful of nuts etc every two to three hours. I have tried to do so today and will keep trying. Hopefully that will stop the spells. God knows that the last thing I need is to faint while alone with a (currently being potty trained) toddler .....shudder!