Anyone else a young mom

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ~*CHELS*~, Dec 17, 2006.

1. ~*CHELS*~

~*CHELS*~ Well-Known Member

I'm only 22 and I already have a 22 month old and now twins on the way. its really hard having my hubby gone all the time (overseas) I feel like I have no one my age to talk to... anyone else out there young? and dealing with the Twin factor??? I love this site and reading everything everyone has to say. but im just wondering if there are any other really young mama's on here and how they are dealing with it???

2. ~*CHELS*~

I'm only 22 and I already have a 22 month old and now twins on the way. its really hard having my hubby gone all the time (overseas) I feel like I have no one my age to talk to... anyone else out there young? and dealing with the Twin factor??? I love this site and reading everything everyone has to say. but im just wondering if there are any other really young mama's on here and how they are dealing with it???

3. mooshie

mooshie Well-Known Member

well, I'm not that young now, but I was 20 when I got pregnant with my oldest. I'm now 28 and will have 5 kids w/in the next couple months.

I remember when I was pregnant with #2. my DH was working 2 jobs, and it was hard! I know it's not the same as overseas, but I think I would've died if he was. he sometimes went days at a time w/o seeing the kids because by the time he got home they were in bed. and I could barely handle that.

do you know when your hubby will be home?

I know I'm "old" now but if you wanna talk I'd be happy to talk to ya.

just take it one day at a time. and good luck! [​IMG]
    Michelle

4. Laura in Alaska

Laura in Alaska Well-Known Member

I'm not exactly young anymore (34 now). But I was almost 18 when my DS was born and almost 21 when I had my DD. Being a young mom isn't easy (mostly for the lack of a support group), but it is still wonderful! Hang in there and you'll do great!

[​IMG] Laura

5. Mommy2PJ

Mommy2PJ Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Hi!

I am 21 and have an 11 month old son and twins (boys) on the way! My DH is 26, but we got married young - he was commissioned as an officer in the AF and we knew it was a matter of time before he moved, so we got married at 18 and 23. [​IMG] I had my college finished since I started it in HS so it just kind of all worked out! We decided to have a baby while he was going through AF pilot training and then we decided we wanted two close together, then we were going to wait and adopt 2 later... but now we'll have 3! [​IMG]

Anyway, yep, I'm a young mom too! [​IMG] Not dealing with my DH gone (yet!) but he'll deploy sometime next year and I'll be there with 3 babies by myself! I never run into many other young moms... instead I get snubbed by a lot of people who think I have an illegitimate child or something since I'm so young. [​IMG]

6. All My Loves

All My Loves New Member

I'm 22, and had my daughter who's now 2 and a half at 19. I also have my son, who's 13 months, and am expecting now (with possible twins). I know people are shocked when they hear my age, but at 22... I make a better mother now than some older women I know.

7. stephsboys

stephsboys Well-Known Member

My dd is 22 and just had her twins a couple of weeks ago.. I have often thought it would be a great idea to have a sub group for young moms. There was a thread on either parenting or first year a couple of months ago and there were quite a few young moms that responded..
    Lindy, mom to Stephanie and Nana to
    Cameron and Corey

8. ~*CHELS*~

I'm def glad to hear from all of you! It just seems like since I had a baby all of my friends have gone. no one even calls anymore [​IMG] Makes me sad some days but I'm glad we had our babies young. when were 40 our kids wont be kids and we can PARTY! lol

9. Shanonlee

Shanonlee Well-Known Member

Im 23 yrs old. 21 when i got pregnant. People tell me everyday what a great mom i am and how happy my kids are and how much they love me and its all worth it. Half the people i went to high school with are still partying and doin drugs so id MUCH rather be in my shoes! Dont worry sweetie, your definatley not the only one!

10. HelenClyde

HelenClyde Well-Known Member

Just try to see the good sides in it!
    I´ve had my first daughter when I was 21, and the second one being 23, and I realized that I had much more physical fitness than the other mummys I met. I mean, I never had problems tying my shoe laces (even now, with the twins and being 26), I never had short breath (ok, I have that, now...), and even being 9 months pregnant I could run and catch the tram when I needed.

And I also saw that my recovery after birth went a lot quicker than for my friends who are ten years older - When my girls were 6 and 7 days, I took them to university again for the first time.

I always saw it as a great gift to be a young mum, as I feel quite close to my daughters. My mum also had me when she was 23, and we share a lot of intrests and are very similar.

Iknow it´s hard, especially without a husband close to you, but I´m not really sure it becomes easier being older. So, maybe just try to enjoy the good sides!

11. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

I was 21 when my eldest son was born and I was alone the whole 9 months and gave birth alone. His father was in the military and away for 18 months. I know it is hard adn difficult to cope. Just surround yourself with positive people and learn to accept favours, even if it is just someone to bring you dinner or pick up some shopping. Before you know it they are big and you will miss them being small and dependant on you. Just hang in there

12. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I was 21 when I got pregnant with my oldest! We were not married and
    both in college. I remember all of those nasty looks and things people said to me were so ugly (I had people - family included try to get me to have an abortion!) Thank God I didn't listen! - I have a wonderful 12 yr old son- been married to his father for right at 13 years, now we have had 2 more sons and have twin daughters on the way!
    We are not "young" parents anymore - but we have been there done that!
    and I am sure glad we did!!!

13. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

I am 23 and have my 8 month old twins i also have 1 1/2 years old alsations (does that count as babies)?! I am not married but we have been together since i was 15 and i dont count these children as being illegitimate as they are in a loving relationship. I always wanted to have children early as i think you have more energy when you are this age and i am always raring to go. I mean even if people did think they were illegitimate i coudnt care less as i know how much we both love them and that is all that counts. But i do enjoy being a young mum. x

14. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

I am 22 and have a 2 year old and 8 week twins. I can definetly relate. Luckily I am finished with college, but my dh is not. I couldn't imagine having three you8ng ones with a husband gone as you will. Good luck!

15. ireland37

ireland37 Well-Known Member

I am old (37) but just wanted to say I admire all you young ladies and how responsible you are! I partied like I was still in college most of my 20s, dated a bunch of idiots and regret not achieiving much of anything.

I halfway grew up at 30 when I got married then hopefully the rest of the way at 33 when I had my DS.

Hats off to all of you and just think how nice it will be to be young moms and grandmothers in your 40's and 50's while many of us will be knitting in rocking chairs, lucky if we live to see our kids get married! [​IMG]

16. HappyMarquita

HappyMarquita Member

Hi! I'm 22 years old, and this is my fourth pregnancy. I had my first baby girl at 19, my sec at 20, and my last girl at 22. So hear I am on my fourth with twin boys. I also got married at the age of 19. So I can kind of relate as far as having children, and not being able to relate to others my age. This board has been great, because it's so many other moms who love to talk, and give advice. I would love to make friends! I don't have much so far, but if you or anyone else would love to talk I don't mind. [​IMG]

17. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

I am 26, I got married at 18 had my first dd at 19 and had my twins at 22. I also look really young so I have gotten a lot of really rude comments and bad looks, it makes me sad sometimes but I really try to ignore it. When I had my first dd a lot of my friends stopped calling and stuff, but now most of them are having babies so they have started calling again.

18. KIERAN-N-BETH

KIERAN-N-BETH Well-Known Member

[​IMG] 23 y/o couple w/o our firt on the way here!

We thought we were alon too!!!

Nice to see so many others out there!

we were marriewd young too! 20!

k+b