Anyone currently pg with Monoamniotic twins?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by sandycane, Nov 9, 2008.

1. sandycane

sandycane Member

Hello,

I'm currently 14w1d and so far every ultrasound has been unsuccessful at finding a membrane between my twins. So far we know that they are identical and possibly boys. I'm still hoping that they are just missing it, but the MFM I'm seeing was pretty confident this time.

I've found the site monoamniotic.org and the sticky topic in this forum. I was just wondering if there was anyone else going through this right now.

Thanks!

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq219/r...79/DSC02552.jpg

2. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if there is anyone right now, but I know there are a few who have been through it and will be a great support to you. Lots of hugs to you and I wish you the best!

3. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

Just wanted to let you know that our membrane wasn't found until 16 weeks and even then, was very difficult to spot. It's still hard to find and the u/s tech spends the entire u/s searching for the membrane and now knows to snap up the first shot she gets! So, there is still hope that it can be there.

On the flip side...I'm currently in the hospital on bed rest and there were a set of momo twins delivered a few weeks ago. Their mom brought them up here this weekend for the staff to see and they're doing very well!

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi there! Welcome to Twinstuff!

I don't know of anyone going through this now, but we have had a few members that have had monoamniotic twins. Hopefully they will see this and share their experiences. :)

5. Jocasta

Jocasta Well-Known Member

Hi my girls were monoamniotic. Great that you have found monoamniotic.org - its the best place to go for info and support from lots of woman who have been through a monoamniotic pregnancy.

Let me know if I can be of any help :)

6. Irishlisa

Irishlisa Well-Known Member

Hi. I delivered monoamniotic twin girls 8 months ago. Monoamniotic.org is a great site because you'll find everyone going through the same thing as you. I have so much to share with you, I don't know where to start :rolleyes: Please let me know if you want me share my story with you, I would love to.

7. sandycane

sandycane Member

QUOTE(Irishlisa @ Nov 9 2008, 07:29 PM) [snapback]1063622[/snapback]
    Hi. I delivered monoamniotic twin girls 8 months ago. Monoamniotic.org is a great site because you'll find everyone going through the same thing as you. I have so much to share with you, I don't know where to start :rolleyes: Please let me know if you want me share my story with you, I would love to.

Please do, I would love to hear your story. I'm trying to learn as much as possible :)

8. Mel1012

Mel1012 Member

Hi there! I had monoamniotic twins as well. Two perfect little girls who are now 14 months old. My story is in the sticky. I know how worried you must be and please know you will be in my thoughts. If you have any questions please let me know. It is a scary time but I had a great ending! I was lucky that one of the sonogram technicians in my ob's office had momo twins 6 years earlier, so I had someone to ask questions of. Please let me know if I can help!

Melissa

9. hardinfamily08

hardinfamily08 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to let you know, our membrane wasn't found till nearly 20 weeks! There is still hope! Good luck and we are thinking of you!

10. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

I'd like to second on how difficult the membrane can be to find. We only ever saw it at the peri's office and it was always difficult to find. There are however, as you're hearing, lots of success stories with a mo/mo diagnosis. Good luck and keep us posted!