Any recipes for all this leftover baby food?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by margi33, Jun 12, 2010.

1. margi33

margi33 Well-Known Member

Just wondering if there is anything creative that I can do with all of the jars of baby food in my pantry? They stopped eating it at about 11 mos so it's just been sitting there. Oh and they don't like any type of yogurt or cereal so I can't put it in there. Thanks for any ideas!

2. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

smoothies?
    or just add it to casseroles. squash and such is great to add to mac & cheese etc.

spinach or such to meatloaf/meatballs or such...

good luck!

3. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Do you have the book Deceptively Delicious, or could you get it from the library? All the recipes in there use fruit and/or vegetable purees that you sneak into food for kids. I've made a few recipes and they're pretty good. For example, you can throw squash or pumpkin puree in the egg batter for French Toast.

I also think there's another book (The Sneaky Chef?) that is similar. I just Googled "use leftover baby food" and I found this site: http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/leftover-baby-food-puree.htm which has some good suggestions. :good:

4. margi33

Those are GREAT ideas ladies, thanks so much!! Hopefully I can use some of these and open up some space in the pantry :woo: . If I knew someone with a younger baby i'd just give them away, but I don't :)

5. tpowers

tpowers Well-Known Member

You could donate them. I am going to donate mine to the Christmas Box house. They keep the really young kids after they take them from their parents and before foster care.

6. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest donating them as well, maybe to a local food bank or something.

The book Deceptively Delicious is pretty great though, I made the girls mac n cheese with butternut squash and they were none the wiser.... ;)

7. margi33

Hmm, thanks I'll look into that and see if there is anywhere to donate that here. I live in a small town and there are (to my knowledge) only clothes donation places. But that would be nice if I could give it away because i'd rather someone who needed it get it, obviously. :good: I know we do have some food drives a few times a year, so I'll see when these are. Thanks for the idea!