Any more toothless 10 month olds?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by KYsweetheart, Jul 15, 2008.

1. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

Katie still has no teeth. She went through a teething spell recently I thought a bottom one was finally going to pop through, but I was wrong. Still nothing. You can see the white spots but they just won't pop through!!

I'm not alone am I?

Maybe its just a family thing... the boys didn't get any teeth until they were like 13 months old!!

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Meara didn't get her first tooth until 11 1/2 months. By 14 months she caught up with her sister- they both have 6 teeth.

3. Chase&Parker's Mommy

Chase&Parker's Mommy Well-Known Member

Neither of my 10 month olds have teeth - I swear, I think they've been teething for 9 months now :) UGH!!!

4. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I only have 1 with the white tops like you described, Lily doesn't even have that much! Lily is all gums and Amelia only has 1 tooth - and when I say tooth I mean white bumps, lol. They aren't quite 10 months yet.

Other moms of toothless babies - are you feeding them table foods? I haven't started mine, I'm scared they'll choke.

ETA - as soon as they get teeth isn't that when their breath will start smelling like breath instead of the sweet baby peach smell?

5. kimr

kimr Well-Known Member

We thought they'd never come. We kept on asking our pedi about it and said that the latest he saw them come in was 18 months and Natalie's first tooth came in at 18 months!!! We blamed all the crying from about 3 months on teething - so we had a teething baby for 16 months - hilarious when I think back on it.

6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

QUOTE(aimeethomp @ Jul 15 2008, 01:36 PM) [snapback]877725[/snapback]
    I only have 1 with the white tops like you described, Lily doesn't even have that much! Lily is all gums and Amelia only has 1 tooth - and when I say tooth I mean white bumps, lol. They aren't quite 10 months yet.

Other moms of toothless babies - are you feeding them table foods? I haven't started mine, I'm scared they'll choke.

ETA - as soon as they get teeth isn't that when their breath will start smelling like breath instead of the sweet baby peach smell?

I gave them table food starting between 10 and 11 months. Their gums and jaw are strong and they don't really use their front teeth to chew anyway. M did just as good as A (who had 4 teeth at the time) at chewing small, soft pieces of table food.

As for breath, I don't know... we brush their teeth twice a day so maybe thats why their breath still smell's baby sweet!

7. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Chase&Parker @ Jul 15 2008, 12:32 PM) [snapback]877714[/snapback]
    Neither of my 10 month olds have teeth - I swear, I think they've been teething for 9 months now :) UGH!!!

LOL me too!!

QUOTE(aimeethomp @ Jul 15 2008, 12:36 PM) [snapback]877725[/snapback]

Katie can eat kix, soft carrot slices (cooked), gerber puffs... thats all I have tried.

8. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Jamie, Emma didn't even have white spots at that age. At least you can see them coming!! :laughing:

She got her first two teeth in between 11 and 12 months and didn't get tooth #3 until 18 months! :blink: