Any ideas for a 3rd birthday theme for a boy?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by [email protected], Jul 21, 2009.

1. angeez78@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

I really cannot believe it is that time again. DS will be 3 in November and have to start thinking about the party. Anyone have any ideas on a theme for a little boys 3rd birthday party. #1 I did baseball themed and #2 I did tool themed. TIA!

2. 3sweetps

3sweetps Well-Known Member

Our older son had a pirate theme for his 3rd, our twins are HUGE dinosaur fans so we did a dinosaur theme for them. There's tons of party stuff and ideas for both of those.

3. 2plusbgtwins

2plusbgtwins Well-Known Member

My twins will be 3 on Friday and I am making DS a dump truck bday cake. He loves to play in the dirt and use trucks or anything else he can to scoop and dump and transfer dirt!

Does he like animals? You could do a zoo/forest theme. (a friend of mine did this)
    Other ideas might be any cartoons that he likes. (if he watches tv enough to have a favorite)

Sorry thats all I can think of.

ETA: dinasours are a good idea. Try going to a party store (party city) and see if there is anything there that you think he would like.

4. K*D*B

K*D*B Well-Known Member

I let my boys pick. DS1 had a Pirate Theme and the twins had a Darth Vader theme. Yah, I know Darth Vader, but they had their hearts set on it.

5. Becky02

Becky02 Well-Known Member

We did this for my sons second birthday and then he had the truck to play with after we took the dirt cake out of it. He loved seeing a truck on his cake.

Next month is my sons birthday and since he is really into Thomas we are having a Thomas party. What is your son into? Does he like watching anything special on tv or play with certain toys? I usually just ask my kids what type of party they want or what kind of cake to get ides. One year my one daughter wanted a cake with horses on it so we got horse stuff.

6. angeez78@hotmail.com

My son doesn't watch much tv but does like Elmo and Barney. I personally am not that into having character parties. He loves to be outside but unfortunately his b-day is in Nov. He has toys galore and mainly plays with his blocks to make a port for his hot wheels and his vehicles he can push around. He also is somewhat speech delayed and can't necessarily say "mom I want an elmo party"

7. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

We did Fire theme for the boys, Firetrucks, firemen, you name it..lol it was great!

8. angeez78@hotmail.com

Completely forgot my son loves firetrucks and loves to watch them go past our house. Where did you get the invites, decor etc.?

9. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

10. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I didn't give my son the choice :blush: except for the cake and balloons and he wanted Cars. :good: A very close second was trucks.

Good luck!!

11. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Fire trucks or cars (just cars, not the movie) would be a good idea. My cousin's little boy had a farm theme, he loves farm equipment. He had a tractor cake.

12. Becky02

Becky02 Well-Known Member

What about a hot wheels party I think they make invites and party stuff for that? Maybe you could also show him an Elmo picture and one of cars (or whatever two themes you come up with) then have him choose between the two of them. That may work or somtimes it backfires and they will pick both but you could try.

13. sv2001302

sv2001302 Well-Known Member

how funny our first was baseball too #2 was spongebob (although i really wanted elmo) and #3 is going to be firetruck theme. it was a tossup between that and pirates, but i think i want to do that for his 4th or 5th bday instead.

14. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

My kids picked! Little Mermaid and Cars (again - 2nd year in a row! :eek: )

15. 3sweetps

3sweetps Well-Known Member

My older son's fourth birthday party was a fire truck party. We called our local fire dept. and they came to the party with TWO firetrucks AND an ambualnce!! It was awesome...one truck was the pumper and the other had the ladder. The kids all got to sit behind the wheel and they let my son the birthday boy sit on the ladder and raised it up a little. The fire fighters gave them all a chance at using the hose too. If you go with the fire truck theme then definately give your FD a call and see if they'll send out a truck. It doesn't cost anything but you might want to give a donation. For the favors I filled plastic fire hats from the party supply store with goodies so the kids got to go home with a fireman hat.

Good luck... there are soooo many ideas for this theme so you should have no problem! Have fun!

16. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

If he's into his hotwheels, you could do a race car theme. Family Fun has a cute one.

You could also do dinosaurs, cowboys, sports (my sister did a great baseball and basketball cake for her sons birthday...they were Wilton pans), jungle, pirates, robots, spaceship. Check out that site above, they have some great ideas.

We have done characters for the most part. Sesame Street for FY, Winnie the Pooh for second year, then we combined the twins with Liam after that, so we've had Dora, Diego and Boots at 3 and 1 and this past year the boys had a Toy Story cake while Meggie had Cinderella.