Anxiously awaiting news re: our preschools future

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Safari, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Safari

Safari Well-Known Member

My kids attend a wonderful preschool/daycare center 3 days per week. We LOVE the program, staff, facilities, etc. It's currently "housed" inside a building that is owned by the company that my husband works for. The school is an independent "contractor".

HOWEVER, we found out a few months ago that they building is being sold to another company. So there are many scenarios that could happen: they could close the center, they could only offer it to their employees, they could make the tuition so high for non-employees that we'd be edged out, etc, etc. (all and more of these scenarios have happened with other centers in our area)

We are finally supposed to get some answers soon. And I'm so anxious. They've kept us in the dark through all this. I've been out scrambling to get on other school waiting lists (which are insane around here). (We were on a wait list for over a year to get in this one).

Why can't they just tell us something, anything!?????!!!!???? I'm supposed to be having some Dr "prescribed" downtime today (i have 2 chronic illnesses), but instead I'm obsessing about this. I want to know if I have to find another preschool. So frustrating!!!!

thx for listening. I hope venting and talking about it will help.

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I hope you find out soon... and I hope its good news. GL!

3. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

I remember how hard you looked to find a preschool you loved. :hug: I hope you get some answers soon!

4. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

:hug: I'm sorry you are so worried! Yes, it's the whole not knowing thing that is hard to handle. I hope you hear something soon.