another-what to expect question-stretch marks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by lbrooks, Jun 28, 2007.

1. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

Hi,

I don't have any stretch marks nor did I get any with my son (13 years ago). I expect that I will get them with a twin pregnancy. For those of you who have them or got them with twins...when did you start to get them? Was it later in the pregnancy?

2. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

I am 25 weeks and so far i have not got any! I have been lathering myself with lotion constantly! I find as soon as my tummy gets itchy, on goes more lotion :)

3. pdxpeach

pdxpeach Well-Known Member

I didn't get any with my son, and have yet to get them with the twins. I am 29 weeks, but know it's still possible.

4. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

None here either, yet. I got them with both of the boys though...I think around 30 weeks.

5. 2betterthan1

2betterthan1 Well-Known Member

None here yet either, but how bout those of you who have had your babies??? Are we all getting excited for nothing??? Or is it possible to get through a twin pregnancy without any stretch marks???????

6. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

QUOTE(2betterthan1 @ Jun 28 2007, 10:04 PM) [snapback]311351[/snapback]
    None here yet either, but how bout those of you who have had your babies??? Are we all getting excited for nothing??? Or is it possible to get through a twin pregnancy without any stretch marks???????

That's what I want to know too!

7. Susiepie

Susiepie Well-Known Member

I went from having none one week to having a bunch, it was awful, my belly felt stretched sooo tight for one week...the girls must have had a growth spurt or something...I was really hoping I wouldn't get any cause my mom said she didn't with me. Mine showed up at 26 weeks... :(

8. Alyson

Alyson Well-Known Member

I didn't get any stretch marks what so ever. I did use a sorbolene moisturiser from head to toe every day. Maybe it helped.

9. 2betterthan1

2betterthan1 Well-Known Member

Susiepie, you just dashed my hopes and dreams..... :angry: JK, thanks for the honesty.... :)

10. Ellensgirls

Ellensgirls Well-Known Member

I got 3 small stretch marks on each hip. I didn't think I'd gotten any, but they snuck up on me at the end. They are not noticable at all. However my last week of pregnancy (37.5 weeks), my stomach got the most awful stretched look and felt really tight. I was sure that I was going to get stretch marks, but instead I got wrinkled elephant-like skin just on my belly slightly above and totally below the belly button. I used lotion every day on my belly and it just got stretched too much. I lost almost all the weight very quickly, but my belly will never look like it used to.

I do have one friend that didn't get any stretch marks at all and she went to 38 weeks. She just had a 3rd baby and looks great. However most of my friends have the wrinkled twinskin, a gut, or stretch marks of some kind. I did see a lady on Miami Ink yesterday who'd had twins, plus two more, and she was in a belly baring top, so it is possible I guess.

GL and keep using those lotions. They can't hurt.

Ellen
    with 3 year old girls

11. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

man, i was doing so good during almost my whole pregnancy. i didn't get any stretchmarks until i was about 32-34 weeks and then BAM. :angry: but it doens't mean you will get any. i have heard that they are hereditary. if your mother got stretch marks with you then chances are you may get them as well. however, my mom (who also had twins) i don't think got any so not sure what the deal is with that. i hate them but they are actually getting much better and lighter in color now. i call them my angel marks because they are sort of like a tatoo from my little angel/miracle girls :D

12. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

I didn't think I had any until after I had the girls and could finally really see under my stomach!
    They really weren't that bad though. Just right above my underwear line. They've really faded the past few months too!

13. stbmo4

stbmo4 Well-Known Member

I never had one with either of my singletons, but they erupted very low on my tummy at about 31 weeks this time around. They aren't horrible, but they are definately there. Sorry to say, my regime of cocoa butter and vitamin E oil did nothing to stop them.

I hope you make it all the way; I know I sure was hoping that I would!

Jen

14. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

I am so freaking jealous!!! I started sprouting stretch marks at 16 weeks and now at 25 my entire belly is covered!!!!! Literally a sea of red! My mom had really bad stretch marks as well, so I'm sure that's why I have them. I'm a bit worried how bad they will get, I still have at least 11 weeks to make it to full term.

15. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

I thought I woz going to be lucky and not get any, but alas I did. I had this "belly butter" which I put on religiously every night then I got to about 33 weeks and wow I got lots... so the last 4 weeks I guess (I really thought I'd got away with it oh well).

Oh they are underneath as well as on top of belly button, so pretty much all the way round where the bump woz.

amanda

16. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I never got any with my first 3 pregnancies & then I got really lucky and didn't get any with the twins either and I was absolutely huge (babies weighed 15 1/2 lbs combined :eek: ). I think it must be a lot hereditary, if you didn't get any the first time around you may very well get lucky this time too!

17. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

I didnt with my DD ( Except where the scar from my belly ring was), Thats the only place where it is this time so far.
    Im pretty sure i will be getting some though. My belly is really shiny.. and itchy...

18. Mellizos

Mellizos Well-Known Member

None until about 32 weeks. They are all under my belly button. As soon as baby b turned vertex, the stretching down low became painful. Mine have really faded, even after only 3.5 years.
    I knew I would get them because I got them on my hips during puberty.
    I've also heard that you are less likely to get them if you are normal to underweight prepregnancy. The theory is that if you're overweight, the skin has already been stretched. Now add a pregnancy and the skin stretches even further.

19. JennaPa

JennaPa Well-Known Member

I didn't get any with my first pg nor my twin pg. If you didn't get any with your first, there's a good chance you won't this time either. :)

20. 2boysforus

2boysforus Well-Known Member

I got mine later in the pregnancy - I thought I was doing so well and then bam! They showed up! I was probably around 28 or 29 weeks. Good luck!

21. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

I have also heard they're hereditary & knowing my mom got them with all of us (especially the twins), I figured I was doomed. I lotioned & gooped my belly up twice a day, but finally fell prey to the stretch marks at 21 weeks (to the day...I remember finding the first one :)!). Now at 34 weeks, I look like I've been mauled by a tiger! They go from my pubic bone to about 3 inches above my belly button. It seems like each day I have more & my belly is ALWAYS itchy. I definitely do NOT have a pretty preggo belly!!!

22. nhucke

nhucke Member

I didn't have any with my singleton pregnancy and after training for a marathon my belly went back to its pre-baby glory within a year. I don't think I am going to be so lucky this time around. Like Ashley, I have a scar from an old belly ring which has stretched and had a few red marks sprout around it. I have been religious about using belly butter, vitamin e and belly oil day and night, but as of about 30 weeks my belly has really begun to stretch and get itchy and shiny with the beginning of strech marks. I am praying that they fade considerably, but I really don't know what else to do.

Like everyone else said, I think it is just heredity and luck of the draw!