Another Sunscreen Question

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Hillybean, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Hillybean

Hillybean Well-Known Member

So it was 80 degrees here yesterday(don't be jealous it is snowing right now) so the girls had their first sunscreen of the season. This morning Mia has a rash everywhere I put the sunscreen.

I am not sure if the sunscreen was to old (from last summer) or if this year she just won't be able to wear this kind (Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer SPF 70).

Does anyone have a suggestion for a sunscreen for sensitive skin? Neutrogena makes one but I am not sure if I should steer clear of the brand...

2. Alli Baby

Alli Baby Well-Known Member

I went to a theme park with my girls last week and had the same experience! I ran into a twin mom at the park who said her ped. recommended Blue Lizard or Baby Aveno. I bought the Baby Aveno today but haven't tried it yet. Hopefully, someone else can attest to wether or not it works.

3. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Usually sunscreen is good for two years so it's probably not too old. A lot of adult sunscreens have lots of chemicals in them so she's probably reacting to one of those. My favorite sunscreen is California Baby. It's all natural, non-absorptive, stays on in water, and works really well.

4. Erineliza

Erineliza Well-Known Member

I just came back from our 2 mo. check up and my ped recommended Coppertone Waterbabies. These are my first children, so I have NO experience with the sunscreen yet- but hopefully the Coppertone works well...

5. **Sandy**

**Sandy** Well-Known Member

One of my DDs had a reaction to the Coppertone Waterbabies and one other brand that was designed for children. We switched to the Neutrogene Sensitive and have not had any problems with it.