Another Sleeping Question

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Em&Ry, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Em&Ry

Em&Ry Well-Known Member

Are twins supposed to sleep together at first? Or is seperate best? I cannot find much info in the book I have. Thanks!

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I think its a matter of personal preference. We kept our together just for convenience reasons of not wanting to have 2 pnp's in our room, and then we we moved them into their own room they slept in their own cribs. There is no way that my two could ever share a crib, none of us would ever get any sleep.

There is no right or wrong way, its just whatever you want to do.

3. Em&Ry

Em&Ry Well-Known Member

Ok, thank you! Dh and I were not sure if you supposed to keep them together at first since they were in the womb or if seperate was ok too. I am glad to know that there is no "right" or "wrong" way :)

4. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

Im keeping them together in a bassinet in our room. My ob also had twins and he did the same. I wasn't sure what I was going to do at first either. I was like you, just couldn't find much on it other then personal opinion. Some how knowing my dr who I have known and trust with me and my babies made the swing vote for me. Good luck

5. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

Hi.

Our hospital and Pediatrition are against them sharing sleeping space, due to sids...however, DH and I have decided that they will share a packnplay whwen they come home.
    I agree with the pp, it's a personal choice, you will make the best choice for your family!! :D

6. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Whatever you want. If you sleep them together, just make sure they can't get to each other's faces. This is most easily done by swaddling. Once they start to move around, you'll want to separate them. If you decide to separate them from the beginning, that's fine too. It's just best if you keep them nearby each other so they can hear one another. Many babies find it calming at first.

7. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

It is just whatever works for you. We intended to have ours sleep together, but it turned out they slept much better sitting up in their bouncy seats, and hence wound up sleeping separately. By the time they could sleep lying down (around 4 months), they were used to being apart and so we just moved them to separate cribs. They did always sleep next to each other (in their bouncies), but I could never tell whether they were aware of each other at all at that age.