Another sleep ?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by rayceryin12, Jul 23, 2013.

1. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

How long does it normally take your kiddos to fall asleep?

2. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Livie and Sophie normally fall asleep within minutes and have for quite a while. Now staying asleep...they aren't as good at. Vivi is another story all together and has never fallen asleep quickly - sometimes she is too much like her mother.

3. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

At almost a year? It look a little bit if we didn't wind down enough. What's your bedtime routine like?

4. rayceryin12

Usually we eat dinner, a little play, bath (not every night), pjs, bottle, then we snuggle for a little/read, and then bed.

The past few nights, it has taken them 1/2 hour to fall asleep, no real crying, mostly babbling with a little fussing.

5. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

If it isn't causing any other issues, I personally wouldn't worry about it. It sounds like they are developing their own wind down routine. If they seem more tired, maybe try to get them to bed a little earlier (if that's possible) or try for a longer nap during the day. If the time that it takes them to settle gets to be longer or more disruptive, you may try putting them down separately. Livie goes in her crib 10 to 15 minutes before Sophie every time and that seems to help us.

6. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I agree.

Also, maybe do the bath a little earlier. To this day, baths excite my kids more than anything so they end up needing time to calm down from that before they're ready to calm down for the bedtime routine.

7. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

At that age I stll mostly nursed mine to sleep, but if DH did the bedtime routine on my working days something like half an hour sounds very familiar. If they are not unhappy, I would not worry about it.

I also agree about thinking if you can move baths to a different time. For mine bathtime was - and still often is - playtime and they took quite a while to settle after baths. If I could manage I often bathed them after naps.

8. rayceryin12

Thanks all!