And they're off!

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by MrsWright, Sep 2, 2014.

1. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My itty bitty 4.5lb babies got on the super big bus and drove away from me to kindergarten!!!! I crie and I'm counting the hours until they get home (1:45 now;) ) but I'm so excited for them and all they're gonna learn!!!!!!! But really...how did I get here?!?!:-0 :/

2. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Me too, Kim. Me too. I am not at all sad they're in school, but this hit me a lot harder than I thought it would.

3. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

:grouphug:

It is STILL hard for me... my oldest DROVE to school... in his own car!!! i was like :shok: ... How did we get here... i can remember like it was last month when i would swaddle him and hold his little head in the palm of my hand and his whole wrapped up body fit on my forearm :cry: and now he doesn't even look back as he drives off for the first day of 11th grade :faint:

So i guess i'm trying to tell you... i still have  "But really...how did I get here?!?!:-0 :/ " moments

4. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This morning Danika didn't even glance back for a last wave before heading into school and Riley looked like she was holding back tears and wouldn't stop waving. Both reactions made me happy/sad for different reasons. I find that being a mom is so often feeling all the feels, even when they make no sense. :grouphug:

5. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

Yup - me too, but I did manage to keep it together until they got on the bus.  To torture myself, I looked at their baby pictures and really cried it out while they were gone, but it's all out of my system!!  Not sad about school, just sad about the passing of time!!

Edited for typo.

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Tomorrow is the first day of first grade for my two.  I was surprisingly okay with kindergarten, but first grade is hitting me some kind of way.  I think it's the realization that the first and last are growing up and there is no more for me after this.  I have big kids!
    Plus, I know tomorrow is going to be emotional for them.  They are going to be separated for the first time in a school environment, after being together for preschool and kindergarten.  And what they have to do is go to their kindergarten classroom and the first grade teachers come down and get them  and I think they both might get a little sad seeing each other go. And I get a little sad for them (even though being separated is good thing) thinking about it.

7. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

After I saw all the pictures I came here and I am reading this and I can't believe how emotional everything is. You ladies should be proud - you did a great job with your kids so far.

Even if my kids are younger I know school will be "in the picture" sooner than we expect it. I am more emotional than usual since my kids are turning 4 today and I am wondering also - how did we get here?

I want to add Jen - Rollergiraffe - I am so glad for you that you are DONE with that weirdo preschool.