and they are 8 weeks already! welcome Eli and Lucas!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by christiedawntoews, Nov 14, 2011.

1. christiedawntoews

christiedawntoews Active Member

Wow! My boys are already 8 weeks!! They were born Sept 17 on a Saturday at 36 wk 6 days. I had been having contractions all day Friday like normal and they got progressively worse. Finally called my doc Fri. eve and he said I should try to sleep, take some meds for the contractions, and call in the morn. Neither of us wanted to deliver that night if possible. So in the morn they were still there, 8 minutes apart, not getting worse but not better either. We dropped our 3 yr old twin girls off at DH parents and headed in. And yes, I was having contractions, and yes, we were having the boys!! I had a csection with the girls becuz Olivia was breech an so when I was thinking about getting pregnant we switched OBs because I wanted a VBAC. Well, it was twins again so we played by ear, thinking we might try vaginal as they were both head down alot of the pregnancy. But at the end baby b was measuring almost a pound bigger and both my OB and peri (who are VERY pro vaginal) just felt we had come so far we shouldn't try anything cute (as my peri said) :) Well, when my OB went in to make the incision he said the water sack was bulging and he could see air bubbles in the sack. He couldn't cut on my old incision inside cuz it was so thin there would have been nothing to suture. If I would have hit full blown labor I would have ruptured and the effects would have been devastating. So the gut feeling had been right. And so my two beautiful boys arrived @ 2:34 pm and 2:35 pm Lucas Ben, baby a, weighing 6 lb 13 oz and Eli George, baby b a whopping 7 lb. 7 oz. They were as healthy as could be, did better than this mama :) We came home 3 days later, to a full BUSY BUSY house. So, after another shocking surprise of twins again, sickness the first 14 weeks, cerclage, p 17 shots, contractions at 17 weeks,4 1/2 months of bedrest, we now we have 3 yr old girls and 8 week old boys! We are so blessed!!

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Congrats on your boys!

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! Sounds like you had a great team taking care of you! Wonderful names! I'm surprised it took you 8 weeks to get back here! ;) Just kidding! :) Remember to take care of YOU too!

4. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

Oh fun! Congratulations!

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congrats on your big boys!

6. Kaciald

Kaciald Active Member

Congratulations on two healthy boys!

7. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations!!

8. marikaclare

marikaclare Well-Known Member

Wow...congratulations...all the way to 36 weeks - that is fantastic! Enjoy them :)

9. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woo: Congratulations!

10. j-squared

j-squared Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your boys! I love their names. :)

11. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations for your boys, I am glad to hear everything is going well. People that have 2 sets of twins always amaze me, I have a special respect for you, just because I know how demanding one set is :). I hope you are starting to get some sleep. Good luck!